scotts steering stabilizer question

so i got a scotts for x-mas since i already had the weld on mount and upper clamp for it. but i dont have the rod that goes in the link arm from the mount. is there anyway to get the rod and get it into the mount? is it pressed in?

edit: nevermind i found it online. haha.

you will love it.

im sure i will. now its a used one, claims not used much, so would you guys recommend changing the fluid and seals and whatnot, maybe just for piece of mind? the motion isnt super smooth but im not sure how its supposed to be. im going to get the manual so i can know all the adjustments for it.

im sure i will. now its a used one, claims not used much, so would you guys recommend changing the fluid and seals and whatnot, maybe just for piece of mind? the motion isnt super smooth but im not sure how its supposed to be. im going to get the manual so i can know all the adjustments for it.

not smooth while riding or not smooth while on a stand?

if on a stand its probably time for a rebuild. just use some fork oil, not sure what weight though.

it's not pressed in, it slides in and has a plastic collar tha slides up and down the rod to adjust the height. you can order it directly from scott's. it's not very expensive. send it to scotts if you feel it needs service.you could change the oil yourself but if they do it you won't have to worry about leaking. enjoy the best damper made!:busted::moon::p

thanks guys. i will ride with and see how it works and make my decision on the tune-up after some seat time with it. headed to the dunes tomorrow

well it seems to work awesome. going down sand highway in 5th gear in a dead straight line was awesome. definitely worth its weight in gold. the bike just went only where i wanted. i felt i had a lot more control in the sand and whoops. no rebuild in order i think.

The people at Scott's are SUPER helpful and friendly-- can't say enough about them. I bought a used unit and had some questions about rebuilding it. I'm sure if you give them a call they'd be happy to help you, but I needed a manual for mine (since the guy I bought it from didn't have one) and I was able to download it from Scotts' website.