Where Can I Buy A Modified Shift Star??

SSR110 DX-3 Having the false neutrals and popping out of gear problems.

I heard I may be able to buy a modified shift star, anybody know where?

-Also it's under the right engine cover right?

thanks!

SDG used to sell one but dont believe its available anymore. Friend of mine had that problem. I just removed the shift star and used a dremel to change the shape of the star. Works great now and didnt have purchase any parts. Its located on the right side, have to remove the clutch basket, etc to be able to remove it.

SDG used to sell one but dont believe its available anymore. Friend of mine had that problem. I just removed the shift star and used a dremel to change the shape of the star. Works great now and didnt have purchase any parts. Its located on the right side, have to remove the clutch basket, etc to be able to remove it.

Ok, I will be doing this soon, are any special tools needed?

Ok, I will be doing this soon, are any special tools needed?

I still think the SDG modified shift star for the (1d 3up) Transmission is still availible

SDG does not make pit bikes anymore but still make Bicycle products contact them

err.. ok I've been in there twice now, still does it. but the first time the shift star bolt was very loose! so the popping out of first is fixed, but still the false nuetral. guess I'll just have to try again.

Go down to your local Honda motorcycle dealer and order up this part:

its a HD spring for detent lever

Honda Part # 24435-051-000 (Shift drum stopper spring) from a TRX 90 motor

this helps and it puts more pressure on the detent lever for a more positive engagement

Heres a picture inside

GPXside.jpg

its the spring under the arm with the wheel that makes contact with the shift star.

I know it does not look the same this is a (GPX Motor) but the spring will work great!!!

I have a bunch of them that I put in all the race motors I build the spring has a lot of Tension over the stock china units....:busted:

"Honda Part # 24435-051-000 (Shift drum stopper spring) from a TRX 90 motor"

Do you know of a link online for this? the part I found in the parts break down has a different number.

been in there and grinded 3 time now, and still same problem!

i've deepend the star notches, should i also grind down the bump between 2nd and 3rd a bit?

Honda may have upgraded their system and produced a new part number, here is the number I found:

SPRING

24435-HF7-000

Listed under a 1994 and a 2004 TRX90 on THIS SITE

I still think the SDG modified shift star for the (1d 3up) Transmission is still availible

SDG does not make pit bikes anymore but still make Bicycle products contact them

Man I would pay a pretty penny for that about now! been in there 4 times now.

Honda may have upgraded their system and produced a new part number, here is the number I found:

SPRING

24435-HF7-000

Listed under a 1994 and a 2004 TRX90 on THIS SITE

Ordered... thanks!!!

I had shift forks and drum replaced and motor gpx 125 still jumps out and into gear in 3 rd gear. I have had enough with dealers and going to fix it myself. Here are some pictures what spring do I need to replace. DSC_0002.jpg. I already took the one off and tried to get replacement from Yamaha dealer but no luck to long.DSC_0003.jpg. Any help would be great.

Here you go...

...its the spring under the arm with the wheel that makes contact with the shift star...

DSC_0002.jpg