Anyone have any trials boots?

I'm new to trials and I can't afford to spend $300 on some trials boots right now and my MX boots aren't cutting it. Does anyone have any used trials boots in decent shape that they want to part with for a resonable price? Oh I wear a size 10 also.

What is a trial boot? I've got some Thor MX boots I haven't used and would sell for cheap but you're probably looking for something else.

trials boots flex alot more then a MX boot. plus you can actually walk around in them. look at the alpinestar no stop trials boot... that's the easiest one to find. they're VERY diffrent then a normal MX boot.

plus if you buy used boots youre gonna get some jungle rot athletes foot funk funk dirty germ carrying smelly ass aboriginy ass kangaroo pouch nasty boot.

trials boots flex alot more then a MX boot. plus you can actually walk around in them. look at the alpinestar no stop trials boot... that's the easiest one to find. they're VERY diffrent then a normal MX boot.

Haha, :thinking:

Yeah, I got toe fungus from someones old boots two years ago. I got new boots but still got the fungus.

you might want to try work boots or hiking boots if money is tight. rumor has it there is a "local" guy that does that and wins everything he enters. when will ya here that in MX?

Keep an eye on ebay. 10 is a pretty common size. I would also highly recommend the old Hi-Point ProGP boot. It used to be a top rated MX boot in its day ('0's)but is IMHO one of the best trials boot out there. All leather, excellent construction, cool metal shin guards. I see them pretty often on eBay in a size 10, and pretty often NOS.

just get them re soled with a vibram workboot style sole

What is a trial boot? I've got some Thor MX boots I haven't used and would sell for cheap but you're probably looking for something else.

Yeah I've switched to riding in my old Doc Martins with some Roach downhill knee/shin guards untill I can afford some alpinestars. I've got their MX boots and they seem to fit me good (large calves and all) so I'll go with them when I can swing it.

Yeah I've been using knee high leather lace up work boots with a steel toe. I just got some Fox Comp 5's and they seem much more limber than my old Thor's. However, I really hope you guys can tell me I'll get used to them. It seemed with the work boots I could shift, especially up, just bending my ankle. I really had a feel of where my toes were in relation to the shifter. With these MX boots it's much stiffer and I can hardly feel the shifter with my foot. I have to lift my whole leg to pull the shifter up instead of a flick of the ankle. Last weekend I rode for 2 hours and they seemed to loosen up quite a bit but I still can't rapid shift like I did with my old boots. Will I get used to this?

Yeah you'll get used to it. I would not ride my MX/woods bike without my mx boots and knee braces. They offer so much more protection. My problem is they're too stiff for my trials bike. I can't move around on the bike.

you wont really need to shift riding trials any ways

Yeah I've been using knee high leather lace up work boots with a steel toe. I just got some Fox Comp 5's and they seem much more limber than my old Thor's. However, I really hope you guys can tell me I'll get used to them. It seemed with the work boots I could shift, especially up, just bending my ankle. I really had a feel of where my toes were in relation to the shifter. With these MX boots it's much stiffer and I can hardly feel the shifter with my foot. I have to lift my whole leg to pull the shifter up instead of a flick of the ankle. Last weekend I rode for 2 hours and they seemed to loosen up quite a bit but I still can't rapid shift like I did with my old boots. Will I get used to this?

You'll get used to it, but you'll probably learn bad habits.

The trials boots, or work shoes, will offer flexibilty and just as important, your ability to "feel" the pegs. MX soles are too stiff.