Sign in to follow this  

TT500 pics

Having loads of trouble downloading pics.100_0007.jpgcket.co100_00017.jpgm/alb100_00053.jpg1.jpg[/img]u100_00044.jpgms/nn72/LMADDS/100_0004.jpg[/img]

Still a few pics not appearing so will try again later

Its been totally rebuilt from scratch as it was in a bit of a state.

100_00053.jpgcan only get 1 picture each thread for some reason.

Had to repack it and it sounds and looks great,a brilliant after market part for any thumper.

Very nice!! I have the same bike and have been fixing her up also but don't think it will ever be that nice.

Just be paitent with a bit of time and effort you will get there, took me 8 weeks to complete but many late nights and week ends.Now looking for another one.

Very nice work! Can you talk a little about how you got the tank in such nice shape? (My XT500 tank has some dents and dings, and needs straightening)

ry%3D400

Dick Mann framed 77 TT 500

ry%3D400

Another TT 500 (580) with Dick Mann Short track frame

BC3, what year(s) were those pictures taken? Is that you throwin' 'er sideways?

The tank cost the most to restore,i tryed air pressure but wouldnt do anything.So it had to be opened up and with a bit of heat and gental pushing out the dents it eventually came out the hole welded back up and tested for leaks,then it was polished,painted and decals fitted then finally laqured.

The tank cost the most to restore,i tryed air pressure but wouldnt do anything.So it had to be opened up and with a bit of heat and gental pushing out the dents it eventually came out the hole welded back up and tested for leaks,then it was polished,painted and decals fitted then finally laqured.

Wow, that's what I was afraid of. I've seen some videos of people working out dents using dry ice and a blow dryer (heat differential creates tension?), but that's on steel sheet metal. My tank is aluminum.

i think they are all alloy on the tt just the xt that had metal tanks.