CRF rear fender

Anyone have pics? Done this? I have an XR600R and am looking at my rear fender options. Throw some stuff up for me to check out. Need to be able to mount a plate, brake light, etc to it.

For the CRF fender I was looking at one of the tail deals that you mount under it.

Thanks

I read in the archives that you could trim them to fit? Anyone?

It just takes some cutting and trimming.

Put it in place and cut/trim little bits as you go, until it fits good.

Anyone know if the crf450X rear fender will work as well. (with trimming)

Anyone know if the crf450X rear fender will work as well. (with trimming)

Yes, heres mine.

th_100_8451.jpg

th_100_8452.jpg

I guess i should have specified. Will it work on an 650R? I dont know if the two bikes use similar plastics.

I guess i should have specified. Will it work on an 650R? I dont know if the two bikes use similar plastics.

I was going off of the OP's bike which is very similar to the L.

As far as the 650R, I don't see why it couldn't be fitted with some trimming.

Plus they are only about twenty bucks, so an "exploratory surgery" might be called for.:busted:

That is what i was thinking. I busted my tail light awhile ago and the epoxy dripping attempt to fix it so not so hot. That and previous owner cut a hole in the fender to mount so called light.

I have been looking around and crfsonly sells the ufo fender with led light for 42+s&h. Anyone know of any better deals?

That's probably one of the better deals on that.

do you keep the subframe installed with the fender and rear light on it or no?

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you need to change the rear fender to register it? I'll be the first to post a picture.

Below is my 86 XR600R (taken today), and you can clearly see the license plate bracket and tail light. As far as I know, it is stock. Maybe you could post a pic of what you are working with.

20081227-2.jpg

Ok, I'll bite. Why do you need to change the rear fender to register it? I'll be the first to post a picture.

Below is my 86 XR600R (taken today), and you can clearly see the license plate bracket and tail light. As far as I know, it is stock. Maybe you could post a pic of what you are working with.

20081227-2.jpg

Akarob,

I am in the process of rebuilding my '91 XRR. New plastics, painting the frame, some engine work, making it street legal. It has been plated since I bought it, but has never had all the bs it needs to be legal. I've ridden it for 3 months now with just a brake light, head light, and plate.

Got about 15+" of that white shit on the ground, so I figured what the hell. I am goin to order the Baja Designs DS kit with the tail light/plate holder that mounts under a straight rear fender.

05-9087.jpg

Put the first coat of paint on the frame yesterday after 3 coats of primer. I didn't think it looked too bad....:busted:

before

pic01007.jpg

during

pic01008.jpg

no after pics yet....it's not done yet.

Just curious, what primer/paint are you using?

Rustoleum metal primer and rustoleum semi gloss paint. Suppose everyone is going to have a better paint now that I'm about done! :busted: