brand new '07 FE450e--worth the $$??

I can get a left over '07 FE450e for dealer cost--I'm an older, trail riding guy--worth the money, or should I keep looking for a used KTM 400??

thanks, Larry

A good friend of mine rides an '05 450 Husaberg and it is a great machine. '07 I believe is basically the same bike as far as I know. We have 2 guys with 400 KTMs and the Husaberg has quite a bit more torque, pretty obvious with the larger displacement. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the bike at all and it feels and handles quite a bit lighter.

anybody have an idea as to ergonomics on the Husaberg? At 6'1" with a 32" inseam, I'm wondering if the shorter distance from to seat to pegs on this bike might be a problem.

Larry :busted:

I have owned both, the Husaberg is the better bike for sure.

I am also 6 ft 1 in tall, the berg fit me fine. The pegs are a bit higher, but it felt very comfortable to me. I raced my Berg for a year with zero problems, it was a very reliable bike.

I do not know why, but KTM suspension never feels right to me, but Husaberg seems to work... The componets are all made by white power, but they are different, and Berg specs better OEM stuff I guess.