brand new '07 FE450e--worth the $$??

I can get a left over '07 FE450e for dealer cost--I'm an older, trail riding guy--worth the money, or should I keep looking for a used KTM 400??

thanks, Larry

A good friend of mine rides an '05 450 Husaberg and it is a great machine. '07 I believe is basically the same bike as far as I know. We have 2 guys with 400 KTMs and the Husaberg has quite a bit more torque, pretty obvious with the larger displacement. I don't think you'd be disappointed with the bike at all and it feels and handles quite a bit lighter.

anybody have an idea as to ergonomics on the Husaberg? At 6'1" with a 32" inseam, I'm wondering if the shorter distance from to seat to pegs on this bike might be a problem.

Larry :busted:

I have owned both, the Husaberg is the better bike for sure.

I am also 6 ft 1 in tall, the berg fit me fine. The pegs are a bit higher, but it felt very comfortable to me. I raced my Berg for a year with zero problems, it was a very reliable bike.

I do not know why, but KTM suspension never feels right to me, but Husaberg seems to work... The componets are all made by white power, but they are different, and Berg specs better OEM stuff I guess.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mongo134
      Hello to all the Husaberg owners and Thumper Talk members. As stated in an earlier thread by one of the TT admins, Brian Bosch, we "may" have an opportunity to get out of the "exotics" portion of TT and get our very own area to post and reply with Husaberg questions/comments!
      If you are a TT memeber and a Husaberg owner, let's get this rolling and see if there are enough of us! Let's try and do just one (1) post each so they can get an accurate count. Just simply state if you are a Husaberg owner, year and model.
      I will start this off......
      I am a proud owner!
      2010 Husaberg FE450
    • By old man dave 59
      Congratulations to all Husaberg Owners for owning one of the best bike, Cadillac Bike Available.
      Husaberg is the new Upcoming hot bike now with new Husaberg Dealer showing up all over the place. Husabergs are winning the National Enduro Championships in Europe consistently.
      I just got my 2011 Husaberg FE 390 and couldn't be happier. I will be racing the( HGP )Hill Billy Grand Prix winter series this year with mine and will be putting it to a real test starting Sunday 10-9-2011.
      Now that we desrve our own Husaberg thread, Let show them off.

• By Mr. Biehl
      For the last couple of years I have been riding a Yamaha DT175 (RT180). It has been a great bike to gain experience in and it is as reliable as a wood burning stove. At the end of last year, I was looking into getting a new bike and started out with big bore two strokes. After test riding some of them, I found them too brutal in the bush, as I ride technical single trail. Yes, the torque is lovely at some times but after 5 hours of riding, it is actually a burden. As a result, I did not pull the trigger on either the te300 or wr250 which were my main choices. After watching the local GasGas races, I saw that the first 4 positions were held by Husaberg riders, and all in 125's. This made me consider the smallest of the husaberg lineup. I just finished a 1 day enduro on one of these bikes and frankly, I'm in love. There is good low end, never forgetting it is still a 125 and when on the pipe it is just mental. It has much more usable power than the 250's and 300's and that is why I have decided to pull the trigger. If there are any exc 125/200 or te 125 owners, any feedback on setting the bike up will be immensely appreciated. Any thoughts on the 125's?
    • By RIDER44
      hey guys,
      im chasing a 300 enduro bike, i curently have a yz250 set up and modified for enduro, question is do i 300 mine or buy the husa (or even the ktm)?
      any advise appreciated