75penton 250 hare scrambler

hey i was wondering what a penton 250 H.S. is worth as im thinking of selling it. its in ride-able condition with stock but factory upgraded parts, penton fiber glass dessert tank,sun rims marzocci piggy back rears with arces front shocks.orig.mag ktm with great compression and spark and a huge mikuni. needs a throttle and a kick start lever,air filter grips. rears are at the 45degree position but can mount in six positions including vert.good tread on tires. i had a buddy push me and started this thing and it sputtered for a second then f%^&ing took off doing a wheely in 3rd and was probably doing 45 0r 50 before i could pull the plug wire and shut it down,lol all that in about 6 seconds. oh and it needs a kill switch.ha ha. shoot me some ideas, thanks

I would recommend getting it to run properly as that will lend alot to the value of the bike, non runners area a pain and it gives the buyer alot of negotitaion room. If this was a OEM Penton, running, I would estimate 5K or better, depends on the buyer and gotta have it itis. Cleanliness and painted appearance also aide in the value.

• 2 weeks later...

near sacramento, i know the tank does make it look different lol,i dont know,im restoring and i MIGHT get a new regular tank for it but it makes the bike look funnier to me and i usually ride out in the middle of nowhere so i dont mind having all the extra capacity. i've done alot since the pic tho. can't wait to get it all dirty on the track rippin it uppp. if i have it long enough lol

These are really good bikes and this one looks to be in pretty good shape and tanks in good shape can be found. For a great wealth of information go to the Penton website at www.pentonusa.org Don't be afraid to make a post and introduce yourself these are some greatest guys you will ever meet

I have 2 Pentons myself. They are the reason I got back into motorcycles.

yeah it seems like a great bike,fast even by todays standards.i started from the back end and am working my way forward on it , after the red dirt is off its pretty clean. im thinking of replacing a few things and putting it on ebay. but yeah its nice for its age,and the funny thing is, i got it for free,lol

$5k would be way over priced unless it is an absolute mint original/restored condition. A clean non-original rider, more in the $1500-to a little over $2k if you find the right person.

Here's a fairly recent ad from the POG site, for a similar bike for comparison:

Restored 1977 MC-5 everything new except rear shocks. PVL igition, rebuilt engine,new plastic, tires, handlebars ,rims ,spokes, powder coated frame. Great vintage racer! Price $3800.00

Any questions please call me at 616-784-3139. Evenings please.