450 Help

Basically my RMZ 450 when at certain speed,revs once moving can hear some knocking,rattling coming from my right foot area,

However the power delivery is exceptional and all engine seems fine on tick over and when racing , revving stand still,

Any advice would be appreciated as have not had the bike long.

Kind Regards

Yea our 05 does the same thing.. my son is always complaining about knocks and pings coming from the engine at higher RPM's any feedback on this issue?

My heat shield makes some rattling noise at certain times. When you are riding and it starts making noise, push in the heat shield with your foot.

Basically my RMZ 450 when at certain speed,revs once moving can hear some knocking,rattling coming from my right foot area,

However the power delivery is exceptional and all engine seems fine on tick over and when racing , revving stand still,

Any advice would be appreciated as have not had the bike long.

Kind Regards

Not on the right side, but check your chain tension. On my 07 it made a wierd sound when it was too loose.

Do you have a skid plate? I was chasing a vibration on my 07. Turns out it was my skid plate. I isolated the plate from the frame with an old innertube cut into strips.

sorry guys left foot,

I no its a stupid question to most of you but how do i go about tightning my chain?

Regards

I no its a stupid question to most of you but how do i go about tightning my chain?

Regards

Read Tightening Chains for Dummies.

Hey, thats an ez one.. have to loosen the big axel nut on the R. side then loosen the lil lock nuts on the chain tensioner bolts then use the lil knotches back there on the frame where the axel slides back and forth buddy.