650R Price Estimate

Hey guys, I've been toying with the idea of selling my '01 XR650R and don't really have a clue what to ask for it. It's not street titled but it's in killer shape. It's all stock except for the uncorking. The finish on the engine is excellent with no wear on the side cases. All the bolts and spokes and what not are all still shiney and new looking. Thanks. Bruce

I paid $2800 for mine last May...

My .02, if you've got the means plate the thing while you still can, alot of folks would gladly pay more for a plated pigee, especially a newer, pristine one...

Then again, ya might just wanna wait it out with the market the way it is, everyone's trying to off their toys for super cheap...

In the bay area you could probably fetch between 4 and 5 for it...

brichter got a DEAL!

brichter got a DEAL!

A deal, but not a steal, mine's not plated. It did come with a few perks, though. :busted:

Hre in California, a plate on an XRR seems to be worth about $2k.:moon:

wait, something is wrong here, you have a 7 year old SHINY dirtbike???

crazy talk!! :busted:

brichter got a DEAL!

I got my 00 R for 1,000 in like new condition. :busted:

You should post pictures so we would have some idea. A picture is worth a thousand words :moon:

Id guess somewhere in the mid 2K range or more depending if its REAL nice.

I paid 3200 for my 01 three years ago.It WAS like new,Still had the stock tires. Today,with 1200 in goodies i'd try to sell it for 3500.

I appreciate the responses. Here's a couple pics.

01xr650r001.jpg01xr650r002.jpg

There's a light sheen of dust from the last quick ride out behind my house....... last summer!

My .02, if you've got the means plate the thing while you still can, alot of folks would gladly pay more for a plated pigee, especially a newer, pristine one...

Here in CA, that is definitely not an option anymore.

zrxer, I would expect a bike described like yours to have an asking price anywhere from $2800 to 3500 here in CA.

Here in CA, that is definitely not an option anymore.

Oh yeah, it has to have been plated before 02 or 03 right? Grandfathered in as it were.

That's REAL nice.3200-3600. With the price of the new 450s' at 7500(?). I'd think 3500 would be ok for a bike that will actualy last.