KTM 625 Vs Honda XR650

Debating selling my BRP and bying a 2004 KTM 625 LC4...MY BRP is in supermoto trim...Which one is quicker??

KTM only sold that bike in the States for two years (as the 625SXC) to compete with the 650R.

The fact that it was only sold for two years even though it had estart and the XR didn't should be an indication of how well it was able to compete with the big liquid cooled XR over here.

I wish it would have been a better more capable bike. It may have been able to make big red come out with an updated 650R with factory e-start. But it wasn't, so Honda didn't have to do anything to swat that attempt to equal the 650R to the side.

The KTM should be way more powerful then the 650L. The KTM is a watercooled higher output similar to the R as far as I know.

The 625 is a good match to the XR650R in supermoto trim. My buddy has the 625 and in a straight up drag race we were very close. I think he weighs a little less than me and at the time I had 80% leak down.

His forks are by far better for sumo use being an upside down design with cartridges. The 320mm factory brembo brake is not too bad either.

I do believe that the KTM is just a little bit heavier as well with the dual mufflers and e-start.

Did you see the last post of porter's link.

It's the same guy backing the 650R in as a good thing.