What oil and how much in a '99 kdx?

Hey guys,

I am going to change the bottom end oil in my new to me '99 kdx 220 this weekend. I am planning on running mobil 1 atf but can't seem to find out just how much it takes? Also does anyone know what the torque value is for the drain plug? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

I am going to change the bottom end oil in my new to me '99 kdx 220 this weekend. I am planning on running mobil 1 atf but can't seem to find out just how much it takes? Also does anyone know what the torque value is for the drain plug? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

try to use type F ATF, manual calls for 700ml, but we all put a whole liter in because it quiets the clucth and kips down a little. 14.5 ft lbs

thanks for the info. I'll do it in the am. Thanks again.

I always tried that measuring out the exact amount deal.I then just started using the site glass,filling it cold to the level/ in between mark,running it to warm it up ,and then topping it off to just at full in the site glass. hi i'm sean is correct in that it quiets it down when filling to beyond the 700 ml as called for per manual. I will be ATF'ing it for my next change while looking forward to using the less expensive ATF and aquiring that smoother shifting w/a less expensive oil. That is what-about a $5.00-$6.00 savings over Bel-Ray? I appreciate the advice.

I always tried that measuring out the exact amount deal.I then just started using the site glass,filling it cold to the level/ in between mark,running it to warm it up ,and then topping it off to just at full in the site glass. hi i'm sean is correct in that it quiets it down when filling to beyond the 700 ml as called for per manual. I will be ATF'ing it for my next change while looking forward to using the less expensive ATF and aquiring that smoother shifting w/a less expensive oil. That is what-about a $5.00-$6.00 savings over Bel-Ray? I appreciate the advice.

you got it... you will never go back to regular expensive oil too once youve gone to the dark red side:lol:

yep atf will work fine and much cheaper

yep atf will work fine and much cheaper

Are you referring to ATF alcohol, tobacco & firearms :busted:

LEFT]

Are you referring to ATF alcohol, tobacco & firearms :busted:

why hell yeah.at least over here in NE Alabama anyway.they'ze the revanooer man-:p:moon::mad: