Maxxis MX Tires - feedback requested

I am planning to get new tires for my boys MX bikes (CRF250R and CR85RB).

We live in Michigan which is predominantly sandy terrain. I have found several alternatives.

Dunlop 773

Bridgestone M102

Michelin MS3

Kenda Southwick

Maxxis M7308

I was wondering how the Maxxis tires stack up against the rest in terms of value and effectiveness?

Any thoughts out there would be greatly appreciated.

i've found the maxxis it to be a very fast wearing tire. prefer kenda or dunlop for sure. but then i ride mostly mountain trails in nw some desert sound but not much

I run Michelin S12's front and rear on my bike. My buddy runs a Southwick, decent tire but it chunks more quickly than the S12. Of course we're both riding 500's so some of it is unavoidable... :busted:

I haven't tried any of the Maxxis tires, but for Michigan dirt I'd reccomend S12's.

I run the Maxxis SI tires in the sand tracks and Washougal here in Washington and whenever my son and go back to Michigan to visit my family I use the Maxxis SI tires as well at the track in Newberry. The SI's do wear down pretty quick but they have taller tread than the Dunlop tires. Lastly they are heavier too. Just my .02 :busted:

The Maxxis SI is my favorite rear tire. Inexpensive when compared to Dunlop/Michelin, etc and longer lasting.

The SI works just as a well as a 756 in soft stuff.

I run maxxis on my bike and my soms bike. I think the tire last great rode the same tire all season and could probally get 2 or three more rides out of it. Best tire Ive rode.

Not many people on this site seem to use them, but over the years I've tried a lot of different tires, and I've found the Dunlop 756 to be the most versatile all-around tire. It works very good in loose sand and mud, excellent in loamy dirt, and decent on hard pack. They work very well in wet or dry conditions, and have reasonable wear for such good performance.

Not many people on this site seem to use them, but over the years I've tried a lot of different tires, and I've found the Dunlop 756 to be the most versatile all-around tire. It works very good in loose sand and mud, excellent in loamy dirt, and decent on hard pack. They work very well in wet or dry conditions, and have reasonable wear for such good performance.

I was a die-hard 756 fan until I tried a Maxxis SI. The maxxis is just as good on the soft stuff as a 756 but it is way better on the dry hard. The 756 will unexpectedly skate out on you on a dry/hard turn, but the Maxxis will let go predictably.

But I just checked some prices and see that the Maxxis costs just as much as a MS3 at rocky mountain. If I were to buy a Maxxis SI rear (not front, those are terrible) it needs to cost less than about $60.

I have a kenda millvale and in my opinion it is a very fast wearing tire. I will probably try a Maxxis IT next.

I've run Maxis IT and SI tires, I think there definatly good tires, there may be better ones, but they are a good value. For sand I like the SI, but have recently switched to the Dunlop 775's up front, and put Bridgestone 404's on the wife's bike for something different. We do like the other tires as well.

I was a die-hard 756 fan until I tried a Maxxis SI. The maxxis is just as good on the soft stuff as a 756 but it is way better on the dry hard. The 756 will unexpectedly skate out on you on a dry/hard turn, but the Maxxis will let go predictably.

But the 756 will still grip when things get wet. A little dew on the ground is enough to make the Maxxis useless...

For soft and sandy terrain, I like to put the best tire I can get on the front (michelin MS 3 or S 12 works great in the soft stuff), and then use whatever is cheap and long-wearing on the rear.