White brothers E2 repacking??

Since they're out of business, where do I find it? Everyone seems to reply to my order with, "the item has been discontinued." I need the 17" repacking, so is there a universal repacking that anyone can recommend?

thanks

You can stuff it manually with any muffler packing out there. It is just a little more work than the cartridge.

If you are desperate for the cartridge to make your life simple, Moose racing sells it. Part number 1860-0054 is listed to fit the 17" E2. This also fits other 17" mufflers out there (it is cross listed with the Pro Circuit 496, 4" T and Ti 4s). So if you can't find the Moose packing, just find a cartridge to fit the Pro-Circuit making sure it is the 4" diamter can and not the smaller 3.5 inch can as on older Pro Circuit T4 pipes.

You can stuff it manually with any muffler packing out there. It is just a little more work than the cartridge.

If you are desperate for the cartridge to make your life simple, Moose racing sells it. Part number 1860-0054 is listed to fit the 17" E2. This also fits other 17" mufflers out there (it is cross listed with the Pro Circuit 496, 4" T and Ti 4s). So if you can't find the Moose packing, just find a cartridge to fit the Pro-Circuit making sure it is the 4" diamter can and not the smaller 3.5 inch can as on older Pro Circuit T4 pipes.

I just installed moose packing and now them the smell that now comes out of my exhaust makes me want to get a whole new setup.

even when the bike isint running, the whole rear end of my bike smells gross because of that packing. even with the exhaust plug in.

I just installed moose packing and now them the smell that now comes out of my exhaust makes me want to get a whole new setup.

even when the bike isint running, the whole rear end of my bike smells gross because of that packing. even with the exhaust plug in.

From my experience, that is common with all of the cartridges that I have seen.

I always do it the hard way with a whole bag of high quality muffler packing, a roll of masking tape, some elbow grease, and a little swearing thrown in for good measure.

IMO a silencer repacked with a universal cartridge will never be as quiet as one that is packed as tight as you can get it by hand. But it will be easier.

From my experience, that is common with all of the cartridges that I have seen.

I always do it the hard way with a whole bag of high quality muffler packing, a roll of masking tape, some elbow grease, and a little swearing thrown in for good measure.

IMO a silencer repacked with a universal cartridge will never be as quiet as one that is packed as tight as you can get it by hand. But it will be easier.

It didnt do it this summer when I packed it with 1 "non moose" brand packing. I cant remember what brand it was, it was black and didnt stink :busted:

I just bought 2 sheets of yellow moose sheets and wrapped the hell out of them very tightly. now it stinks, even after an hour on the bike.

I agree though, the bagged stuff does make your bike quieter, but I dont like working with it. does it decrease, or increase performance if you pack it rock hard with bagged? or 1 sheet vs 3 sheets?

and it definitely had me swearing, that damn fiberglass made me itchy and I had a rash for a week.

It didnt do it this summer when I packed it with 1 "non moose" brand packing. I cant remember what brand it was, it was black and didnt stink :busted:

I just bought 2 sheets of yellow moose sheets and wrapped the hell out of them very tightly. now it stinks, even after an hour on the bike.

I agree though, the bagged stuff does make your bike quieter, but I dont like working with it. does it decrease, or increase performance if you pack it rock hard with bagged? or 1 sheet vs 3 sheets?

and it definitely had me swearing, that damn fiberglass made me itchy and I had a rash for a week.

Don't know if the performance difference is noticeable, but it sure lasts longer the tighter you can pack it. I've always felt that if you give it a little room to move, the exhaust is just going to start burning out the packing in that spot and it all goes downhill from there.

I used the matting like you did once. And that was it. It was a pain and I did not like the itch factor either. So now I use the "open strand" stuff.

I prefer the Silent Sport packing. No itching and it lasts a long time. I've also used the FMF four stroke packing and there is no itching with it either, but it doesn't last quite as long as the Silent Sport.

I do find that if I use the FMF stuff, I can cram a whole bag around the core and stuff it in there if I work at it, but I can't do the same thing with the Silent Sport. It will not compress as much as the FMF stuff no matter how hard I try. Maybe that is one reason why it lasts longer?

Don't know if the performance difference is noticeable, but it sure lasts longer the tighter you can pack it. I've always felt that if you give it a little room to move, the exhaust is just going to start burning out the packing in that spot and it all goes downhill from there.

I used the matting like you did once. And that was it. It was a pain and I did not like the itch factor either. So now I use the "open strand" stuff.

I prefer the Silent Sport packing. No itching and it lasts a long time. I've also used the FMF four stroke packing and there is no itching with it either, but it doesn't last quite as long as the Silent Sport.

I do find that if I use the FMF stuff, I can cram a whole bag around the core and stuff it in there if I work at it, but I can't do the same thing with the Silent Sport. It will not compress as much as the FMF stuff no matter how hard I try. Maybe that is one reason why it lasts longer?

I will get that silent sport next time I repack. sounds interesting.

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys!

haha, sorry to jack your thread. I hope you learned something out of it at least.

no worries, always learning!

I think you have to call Vance & Hines, and get the packing for the Aluminum Pro, I think it's the same pipe, except you have to drill out the rivets at the other end to re-pack, I too have the E2 pipe and was wondering the same thing, I while back though, this was discussed and I think I read somewhere that Vance & Hines were going to keep selling the parts, But I would call them and see what the deal is.