Applied triple clamp for KYB 09

Hello,

after some personal riding test, I think that the KYB fork is the best for the '09. :busted:

Has someone bought the Applied triple clamp with 20mm offset for KYB CRF450 2009?

Have you some photos?

Very thanks, :p

Ricky

PS I've just seen the Applied site... :moon:

Why Applied 20mm offset ? It´s 20mm stock on -09 !

Yes, I know the stock is 20mm and I would buy these...

Have you info?

Ricky

Applied is not making the stock offset. Their FST clamps are 22mm. I usually get applied solid mount clamps but the fact no 20mm is available for the 09 turned me off. I went with RG3 this time. I tried a topclamp on my wife's 250f and was impressed with the quality and the fact I did not get any armpump on my first ride of the day( I usually do). I am leary of the rubber mounted bars because I always twist the bars in the clamps, well it was windy and the 250 fell off the stand, I bent a lever but the bars did not get tweaked. I have a full set on the way for the 09 with my diamond kit.

E.

The RG3s work. I run them on every bike. The RG3 mounts can take a real beating.

The RG3s work. I run them on every bike. The RG3 mounts can take a real beating.

Exactly...you will bend protapers before you twist the RG3 rubber mounts...and yes, I've been there.

Do you run RG3s mxa???

which clamps did you try that didn't give you arm pump the RG3 or the applied??

please let us know how you like the diamond kit for your 09 450, or pm me

thank you

Applied is not making the stock offset. Their FST clamps are 22mm. I usually get applied solid mount clamps but the fact no 20mm is available for the 09 turned me off. I went with RG3 this time. I tried a topclamp on my wife's 250f and was impressed with the quality and the fact I did not get any armpump on my first ride of the day( I usually do). I am leary of the rubber mounted bars because I always twist the bars in the clamps, well it was windy and the 250 fell off the stand, I bent a lever but the bars did not get tweaked. I have a full set on the way for the 09 with my diamond kit.

E.

The RG3 were the ones that helped with the arm pump. I have a full set of RG3 clamps on the way. I would have bought just the top clamp, but I am having my forks anodized black, so I had to get matching clamps. I'll post up some pics when I get my stuff back.

very cool, so your having the uppers coated black?? or lowers DLC?? what color options do they give you for the uppers?, i have only seen the dark brown from them

thank you looking foward to your pics, enjoy

The RG3 were the ones that helped with the arm pump. I have a full set of RG3 clamps on the way. I would have bought just the top clamp, but I am having my forks anodized black, so I had to get matching clamps. I'll post up some pics when I get my stuff back.

Check your link, it is to the FST= factory short trail= 22mm. I talked to a sales rep from applied and was informed their test riders felt the 09 honda worked better with a 22mm offset, and they would not be making the stock 20mm offset. Like I said, I have owned quite a few applied clamps and bar mounts, their quality is top notch, but when a company does not offer what I need, it's time to jump ship.

E.

Do you run RG3s mxa???

Have since my '02 450...I hate the way single post rubber clamps will twist in even a minor tipover. I'm using a set of Ride Engineering clamps on my '09 now for offset testing though...they were cheap.

yea same thing,

I called applied and they aren't going to make 20 mm ( stock ) last I talked to them. The thing that really sucks is that i have a GPR v2 steering dampener that only works with the applied since the bolts patterns is 100 mm apart.

I am going to buy some clamps next week and switch over to the RG3's with 20 mm offsets.

I have used applied clamps on all my bike since 95 or so.

Dave

So what clamps is everyone running ?

Are you guys staying with the 20 mm offset ( stock ) or going with a 22 mm ?

Dave

RG3 top and bottom on the way.

very noob question.. when you say 22 and 20mm, what exactly are you measuring :thinking:

offset from the center of the steering stem to the center of the forks.

Now I'm thinking about the Pro Circuit 20mm set...:thinking:

Ricky

offset from the center of the steering stem to the center of the forks.

hmm, I kinda understand that.

good enough, thanks.