tubes and rim locks?

a bunch of you guys were talking about 10 inch rims and how hard it is to get the tires off ,lol . i have three bikes,a 1975 penton 250 hare scrambler, stock ktm motor (for sale) an RCM 90cc10/12 and a JetMoto 125cc12/14(ripppps),and the 10 inch rear was deffinately a ugly fat b!@#$ to get off,i gave up twice,but i grabbed a 14 inch tire spoon and my girls' blow-dryer to heat that thing up,sprayed some soapy water on and it popped off like butta, but on to my question,can you patch a dirt bike tube,anything special i should do? and what does a rim lock really DO?

a bunch of you guys were talking about 10 inch rims and how hard it is to get the tires off ,lol . i have three bikes,a 1975 penton 250 hare scrambler, stock ktm motor (for sale) an RCM 90cc10/12 and a JetMoto 125cc12/14(ripppps),and the 10 inch rear was deffinately a ugly fat b!@#$ to get off,i gave up twice,but i grabbed a 14 inch tire spoon and my girls' blow-dryer to heat that thing up,spayed some soapy water on and it popped off like butta, but on to my question,can you patch a dirt bike tube,anything special i should do? and what does a rim lock really DO?

Sure you can patch a dirt bike tube...I dont because its that much trouble to get the damn thing off..

I use a 1.65 Rim lock (motion pro) from a local motorcycle shop it keeps the tire from spinning on the rim and snapping the valve stem off the tube...

Even on a stock CRf50 I use them..."rear wheel only"

oh ok,that makes sense,your right i think i'll just get new tubes and a rim lock. my 75 penton250 2stroke has 3 in the rear.is it a good idea to run tire slime or a little bit of fix a flat type product in the tire to help with thorns and the like? also (been saving up me questions lol sorry) i was out riding around my block a few times and thought i should put the packing back in(had it out since first ride,sounds badass but a little loud)for the nieghbors sake ,so i did,and w t f??my front tire is full of helium in 3rd (4sp all^) ,even in fourth its 4 inches off the ground at mid throttle, is this some symptom of some valve issue or something, honestly it doubled the power output. im not complaining just ...wow MSR race pack works awesome!!!!!

oh ok,that makes sense,your right i think i'll just get new tubes and a rim lock. my 75 penton250 2stroke has 3 in the rear.is it a good idea to run tire slime or a little bit of fix a flat type product in the tire to help with thorns and the like? also (been saving up me questions lol sorry) i was out riding around my block a few times and thought i should put the packing back in(had it out since first ride,sounds badass but a little loud)for the nieghbors sake ,so i did,and w t f??my front tire is full of helium in 3rd (4sp all^) ,even in fourth its 4 inches off the ground at mid throttle, is this some symptom of some valve issue or something, honestly it doubled the power output. im not complaining just ...wow MSR race pack works awesome!!!!!

Naaaaw I run a $12.00 HD tube and a rim lock 5 years no flats (racing and riding trails in the woods)..:busted:

my area has lots of thorns. slime works great.