GT update?

Yeah, I'm betting the whole place is snowed in too. We have snow here at the house, about 2500', Mace Mill is around 3000' so I'd say it's probably no-go this weekend. :moon:

By the way, it took me about 2 HOURS to get from Missouri Flat Road to Pleasant Valley this evening on Pleasant Valley Road (about 10 miles)! CHP closed the road just a couple of miles from Pleasant Valley because the black ice was so bad, some knuckleheads couldn't stay on the road, so they closed it until they could get some sand trucks out here. :busted:

Yeah, I'm betting the whole place is snowed in too. We have snow here at the house, about 2500', Mace Mill is around 3000' so I'd say it's probably no-go this weekend. :moon:

By the way, it took me about 2 HOURS to get from Missouri Flat Road to Pleasant Valley this evening on Pleasant Valley Road (about 10 miles)! CHP closed the road just a couple of miles from Pleasant Valley because the black ice was so bad, some knuckleheads couldn't stay on the road, so they closed it until they could get some sand trucks out here. :busted:

? I haven't been into town or left Grizzly Flats since Christmas Eve but I hear the roads are pretty crazy.Some folks up here that are new to it all have called us in a panic,end up just telling them to keep it smooth and steady.My wife has been making it in to work at Marshall hospital and back no problem,just allowing more time and having an AWD vehicle.The knuckleheads seem to think that AWD or 4WD means go anywhere as fast as you want!.......By the way for those wanting to know Elkins Flat conditions,it's sunny and warm,? nothing but perfect potting soil conditions!? :banana:No dust!Who's up for a swimming hole ride?:eek::mad:

:mad: I haven't been into town or left Grizzly Flats since Christmas Eve but I hear the roads are pretty crazy.Some folks up here that are new to it all have called us in a panic,end up just telling them to keep it smooth and steady.My wife has been making it in to work at Marshall hospital and back no problem,just allowing more time and having an AWD vehicle.The knuckleheads seem to think that AWD or 4WD means go anywhere as fast as you want!.......By the way for those wanting to know Elkins Flat conditions,it's sunny and warm,:busted: nothing but perfect potting soil conditions!:moon: :banana:No dust!Who's up for a swimming hole ride??:eek:

Coming in from the north? Staging at the cabin? Is that open? I dont want to go to Carnegie to get my fix!!!! You can only drink and place rock band with the youngsters for so long...

does anyone one if there is a ranger station that you can call to check to see what is open?

I wish you could call a ranger station and get some type of info out of them...I can't tell how many times I have called, then drove 2 hours only to find the gate locked...i would trust someone from TT that lives close give their two cents worth...

I'm almost 100% today. My left side has healed up after that last 20 mph get off in the ice. By this weekend I'll be good.

I've got GT on my mind. That spot has much more to offer than MB. ?

News flash! I've lost my kickstand again! Bolt just vibrated off after I used red lock-tight on it. At $85 I ain't buying another one. Tell Rusty I was doing a wheelie over some boulders for miles and I didn't want to go back & look for it. :busted:

Ebay here I come................ again. :moon:

News flash! I've lost my kickstand again! Bolt just vibrated off after I used red lock-tight on it.

Ebay here I come................ again. :moon:

Mr. Super,

No amount of loc-tite, no matter what color, will help if there is any amount of lube of any kind on the threads. Clean, clean, clean is best. :busted: I recommend brake cleaner or carb cleaner and a brush. Just place a pie pan underneath to catch the overflow. If everything is clean, blue loctite should be sufficient and a lock washer.

Dave

Thanks for the call today Scott. I won't be able to ride anywhere Friday or weekend due to family obligations but thanks for checking in anyway!! Cheers!

I'm hurt! he called you and Zeke and who-knows who else about riding.:mad::eek:? But, when he called me all he talked about was work stuff.? :p ?:busted:

It's okay Scott, I'm thick skinned.:moon:

Mr. Super,

No amount of loc-tite, no matter what color, will help if there is any amount of lube of any kind on the threads. Clean, clean, clean is best. :busted: I recommend brake cleaner or carb cleaner and a brush. Just place a pie pan underneath to catch the overflow. If everything is clean, blue loctite should be sufficient and a lock washer.

Dave

Scott you can trust Dave's advice, there is no greater authority on Carb Cleaner.:mad::moon:?

Yup,

I figured I'd call everyone to set up a ride this weekend since my posts have garnered so much attention.

Ebay's got one for $12. That I can afford.

RJ, That was Funny! :moon:

I've seen Dave at work with that carb cleaner first hand! He keeps it handy in that pouch everywhere he goes! I still think Dave's boots are fantastic! He's a super hero.

I tried to pick up his bike in the snow last year....... that beast must weigh 500 lbs! Dave, tell me you've at least glued on your grips. :busted:

Hey RJ, I thought you were on my side. Now I'm hurt too! ? I still remember the look I got when I was cleaning a spark plug. You'd think I was creating a superfund site.

I think it's a little over 300 lbs at least, Scott and I installed bark busters to keep the grips on. That's what they're for aren't they? :thinking:

Happy New Year everybody!

Dave