08 with 09 engine?

hey guys, i was all set for buying an 09 KX450F whent to my local dealer to buy it for $7400 OTD, when he supprised me with i can do you an 08 RM-Z450 with an 09 engine for $5500 OTD thats a snip of $2000 which would pay for all the aftermarket parts i would need. so whats the deal with the 08 engine? i know it can break the casings, but how would i know it has an 09 engine? can you tell from the numbers? i have heard good and bad things about the 09 KX450F and the 08 RM_Z450, but whatever problems i will come across at least with the RM i'll have almost $2000 to fix it!!

cheers :busted:

in the uk suzuki replaced all crank cases on the bikes which had sold and on the un-sold they got the upgraded cases which is effectivly the 09, i bought mine with an 08 engine have ridden it for 4 months and get a new engine in a few weeks

in the uk suzuki replaced all crank cases on the bikes which had sold and on the un-sold they got the upgraded cases which is effectivly the 09, i bought mine with an 08 engine have ridden it for 4 months and get a new engine in a few weeks

thats an even better deal than i'm getting :busted:

Use the "Search this Forum" option.

That was an awesome deal!! I did the same thing, was looking at a '09 KX450F and went with a left over RM-Z450 instead for close enough to a $2000 savings. Best I found though locally was $6000 OTD. Haven't got to try it out yet, we have had no-ride weather for about 3 weeks.

Use the "Search this Forum" option.

already did that, and didn't get the information i was looking for. hence the new thread.

That was an awesome deal!! I did the same thing, was looking at a '09 KX450F and went with a left over RM-Z450 instead for close enough to a $2000 savings. Best I found though locally was $6000 OTD. Haven't got to try it out yet, we have had no-ride weather for about 3 weeks.

the guy at my dealer cough me off guard, i wasn't even thinking about a RMZ. but as they say money talks..

from where i am in Colorado i can drive to the desert and get some winter riding in, but the main reason I'm buying the bike for a trip to Arizona in Feb.

already did that, and didn't get the information i was looking for. hence the new thread.

OK Sausage boy, go to advance search and type in "08 cases", without the quotes, then select the RM-Z450 Forum, then select the "How can you tell" thread, then look at the picture that Pinto 24 posted.

i got my 08 with the 09 spec motor about 2 weeks ago. Bought it for $5,799 otd. I cant wait to ride it! Winter sucks....

OK Sausage boy, go to advance search and type in "08 cases", without the quotes, then select the RM-Z450 Forum, then select the "How can you tell" thread, then look at the picture that Pinto 24 posted.

you don't have to add anything to this thread, this is completely voluntary :busted:

you don't have to add anything to this thread, this is completely voluntary :busted:

He is trying to help you. If you listened you could do that search and then go to the thread that tells you exactly how to tell the difference with pictures and everything.

He is trying to help you. If you listened you could do that search and then go to the thread that tells you exactly how to tell the difference with pictures and everything.

or he could have just given him a link! with about 1/4 the typing & a lot less attitude.

or he could have just given him a link! with about 1/4 the typing & a lot less attitude.

First of all, you are very talented to be able to read "attitude" into my reply. I didn't give him that name. Second, I don't know how to give him a link so I went and looked it up for him. Last but not least thanks for the gas:moon:

First of all, you are very talented to be able to read "attitude" into my reply. I didn't give him that name. Second, I don't know how to give him a link so I went and looked it up for him. Last but not least thanks for the gas:moon:

sorry Tomok, i did think you were trying to give me a hard time. thanks for the advice, i followed your instructions and i found the info i needed :busted:

it's not too hard to pick up your attitude.