mouth guard anyone?

i have a horrible habit of grinding my teeth in my sleep subconciously, and i saw Ronnie Renner with a mouth guard on the Great Ride Open, and i thought i should look into getting one. I saw them today at wal mart with a 10k dental guarantee for one year haha. does anyone else wear a mouth guard? it would suck going up to a hot chick and smilin with a gnarly grill cause you chipped your teeth casing a big jump :busted:

I wore one for years riding track (street). started riding dirt last may and continued but stopped after a few rides because it gets 'sandy'. crashed pretty good and bit my cheeks up to the point of bleeding. wearing it again, dirty as it is.

I wear one and yes it's harder to breath and it gets dirty. But it is good POM. I came up short and bit my lower lip real bad. I have worn one every since. There was a thread on here awhile back and someone mentioned a guard that would let you breath easier, can't think of it's brand name but need to find out by spring.

i have a horrible habit of grinding my teeth in my sleep subconciously, and i saw Ronnie Renner with a mouth guard on the Great Ride Open, and i thought i should look into getting one. I saw them today at wal mart with a 10k dental guarantee for one year haha. does anyone else wear a mouth guard? it would suck going up to a hot chick and smilin with a gnarly grill cause you chipped your teeth casing a big jump :busted:

My grandson races only with a mouth guard. We use the "Brain Pad" is what its called. You have to boil it, then form it to his mouth. We use the Low Pro +

Brain Pad

ocasionally i use a mouth guard simply because some times i clamp down hard when i ride , personally i like wearing one riding . i use a shock absorber one that is supposed to reduce the chance of getting knocked out when your hit in the chin really hard .

i have a friend who knocked his teeth out with a full face helmet on . there fine now but what a pain in the but for a year .

I wear one occasionally. I prefer to not buy the super spendy one because I tend to loose them.

I really like these:

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/gel-max-mouthguard.aspx

But, they also have different ones of differing grades. They are super comfortable and I've found while riding that I do tend to grit my teeth pretty hard. The mouthguard relieves a lot of the tenseness while riding and also protects my teeth.

Here are a couple more Shock Doctor products:

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/power-gel-ultra.aspx

Upper and lower guard with breathing hole:

http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/power-double.aspx

A cheap .97 cent on molded correctly won't interfere with breathing or get dirty. I've worn them for years. HS football. Tae Kwon Do ect... I just buy them at WallyWorld and cut the tether off. I rinse after every ride. If your mouth gets a little dry chew small bit of your favorite gum and add it to the back(Molars).

picked up this from Target today someone gave me a gift card so i put it to good use, def a nice guard very squishy and comfortable not hard and pointy like the cheap ones

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/191-7209013-6059856?ASIN=B001A2X3UQ&AFID=Froogle&LNM=B001A2X3UQ|Franklin_Adult_Gel_Mouthguard_with_Detachable_Strap&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B001A2X3UQ&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

The not being able to breath is not true. It is just getting used to it. Don't use it long term for sleeping, if it was not made specifically for night use by a Dentist. You could get long term TMJ problems.