Opinion Needed - Blingin' out the 08 450

So it's winter here, can't ride, and bored as hell, so I'm giving the bike a makeover to pass the time. I was wanting to get your guys' opinions on a few things.

- Oil filter plug and engine timing plugs....what color, red or blue? I'm leaning toward blue since the adjuster nut on the rear shock is blue.

- Radiator Hoses....yellow, blue, or red? Again, I'm leaning toward blue as I think it looks good on the Monster Pro Circuit Kawasakis, but I think yellow would look pretty cool also.

Besides the pictures posted here on TT, I tried to do some searching on decked out 08-up RMZ 450's and all I could find really was this link over at DirtBike Magazine where they checked out Team Suzuki's Off-Road bikes.

http://www.dirtbikemagazine.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?sid=&nm=&type=news&mod=News&mid=9A02E3B96F2A415ABC72CB5F516B4C10&tier=3&nid=98B31A51774D49CD84265DEBAB41CDE9

And by the way, I already bought all yellow radiator shrouds, number plate, side panels, and fork guards and a full graphics kit from last years Team Jayco Suzuki which is primarily yellow/blue colored.

Any opinions/comments are appreciated. Thanks! :busted:

If you have enough money get some blue rims, I think suzukis with blue rims looks sweet, or you could just do some cheaper things and save your money for stuff youll need in the future ie sprockets/chain, tires, or a top end or something.

If you have enough money get some blue rims, I think suzukis with blue rims looks sweet, or you could just do some cheaper things and save your money for stuff youll need in the future ie sprockets/chain, tires, or a top end or something.

I have seen a suzuki with blue rims and i didnt think it looked good, but if you had some black or yellow rims with blue hubs would look cool.

Why not get some black levers, powder coat tripple clamps black (or buy new ones if you got the money), blue renthal twinwalls, black rims with blue hubs, black oil filter plug and blue engine timing plugs and blue radiator hoses. If you do like this you can keep the stock seat and it still would look good :busted:

Yeah black levers would look sicks. Thats what i would like to do when i get some money. I ordered some rockstar graphics that should be here in about a week.

Blue rad.hoses,Red eng.plug kit,SDG step seat,Gold rims,powder coat black hubs,Works Connection rad.braces,skid plate,eng. guards.RG3 20mm Black steering clamp kit, RG3 rear susp. link kit,Mettek ti.axles,swingarm kit.48t gold sprocket.Acerbis footpegs booties.Sunline shift lever.Yosh exh system.

seeya at the track

Blue rad.hoses,Red eng.plug kit,SDG step seat,Gold rims,powder coat black hubs,Works Connection rad.braces,skid plate,eng. guards.RG3 20mm Black steering clamp kit, RG3 rear susp. link kit,Mettek ti.axles,swingarm kit.48t gold sprocket.Acerbis footpegs booties.Sunline shift lever.Yosh exh system.

seeya at the track

what's up rodney! that's quite a list you have there and as much as i'd love to do all that, i'll only make a few of those suggestions a reality.

have you done anything to your bike over the winter yet?...or do you have any plans? the last thing i want to get nailed down is the whole exhaust system / efi remapping deal...still not sure what to do there.

ive gone pro circuit ti4 pipe, pulse top clamp, twin wall bars, excel wheels in gold i just cant decide on graphics as i like the blue rad scoop and seat cover on the stock but there doesnt seem much choice in the after market company that keep the stock colour scheme

I feel the same way about the blue on the bike. I like the stock stuff to. Post up on the forum if you find some that work.

Also agree on the looks of 08 suz 450. I'm leaning towards yosh exh. system.

Another vote for the yellow and blue, I'm sick of seeing nothing but red and black accents on almost every graphics kit. I'd be happy with a totally stock looking shroud that just covered it all, the blue on the shrouds is already scratched up pretty good (4 race's 2 practice sessions). SpeedGraphixx.com has a pretty good looking semi custom shroud graphic, I'd really like something retro like the 1987 RM graphics.