How did you Install your 1-1/8" bars on WRR ??????

Just curious how each of you installed your oversize bars

on the WRR. Im curious if I can just use ProTaper rubber

bar mount clamps bolted directly to the top of our tree.

I know our tree has a small circular raised area in it, but

why not just bolt straight to that instead of used adaptors?

I used the solid Pro Taper full clamps with the CR High EVO's. The round base is still flat. No problems. I did loosen the triple clamp to get to the nuts easier.:busted:

I used the solid Pro Taper full clamps with the CR High EVO's. The round base is still flat. No problems. I did loosen the triple clamp to get to the nuts easier.:busted:

Thats whats I wanted to hear.....:moon:

Thanks.

ive been eyeballin this 1 1/8 clamp... close to the price of the factory clamp and much more bling!

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.advancedperformanceaccessories.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=15492b6059f2817/shopdata/index.shopscript

wrx_bar_clamp_close400X300_397x298.jpg

Nice looking piece. I went ahead and installed ProTaper Rubber Mount Kit today. Went on fine, other than a slight mod to the washers. And the fact

that our access to the bar clamp nuts is a nightmare. I just removed the top of the triple tree. I will post up some pics tomorrow.:busted:

What I don't get is Pro Taper says their rubber mounts are for Suzuki, Honda & Kawasaki, but the solid mounts are for the Yamahas. But looking at the photos of both, I don't see any rubber on the rubber mount. Is it in the triple clamp on the other brands of bikes? All Pro Taper shows is the bar clamp with the bolt. And the solid mount is only an adapter that goes on top of your stock clamp, so how is that considered a solid mount. Seems like they could make one for Yamaha with the long bolt too.

So my question is are you guys buying the clamps with the long bolt ( the so called "rubber mount") or the short ones that go on top of the stock clamp and bolt on with two tiny bolts? If the rubber mount with the long bolt fits the Yamaha, why does Pro Taper and all others say Yamahas need the solid mount? Those look cheap to me and not as strong as one piece bolted to the triple clamp. Somebody fill me in. What exactly is the Pro Taper part number for the one that fits the WR250 R/X? Show me some pics of which one it is, because now I am confused about clamp mounts. :busted:

What I don't get is Pro Taper says their rubber mounts are for Suzuki, Honda & Kawasaki, but the solid mounts are for the Yamahas. But looking at the photos of both, I don't see any rubber on the rubber mount. Is it in the triple clamp on the other brands of bikes? All Pro Taper shows is the bar clamp with the bolt. And the solid mount is only an adapter that goes on top of your stock clamp, so how is that considered a solid mount. Seems like they could make one for Yamaha with the long bolt too.

So my question is are you guys buying the clamps with the long bolt ( the so called "rubber mount") or the short ones that go on top of the stock clamp and bolt on with two tiny bolts? If the rubber mount with the long bolt fits the Yamaha, why does Pro Taper and all others say Yamahas need the solid mount? Those look cheap to me and not as strong as one piece bolted to the triple clamp. Somebody fill me in. What exactly is the Pro Taper part number for the one that fits the WR250 R/X? Show me some pics of which one it is, because now I am confused about clamp mounts. :busted:

I used the ProTaper Rubber Mount Kit. I did NOT like the Universal

"add on" kit that goes on the stock mounts and converts to 1-1/8".

I just removed the stock bar mounts and direct bolted the "rubber

mount clamps". I will post up some pics tomorrow. I think it turned

out fine.

I used the ProTaper Rubber Mount Kit. I did NOT like the Universal

"add on" kit that goes on the stock mounts and converts to 1-1/8".

I just removed the stock bar mounts and direct bolted the "rubber

mount clamps". I will post up some pics tomorrow. I think it turned

out fine.

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I have seen other WR's with the same setup. I like the simple look of the Pro Taper clamps. Those APA clamps with the aliens engraved on them are very nice... IF they didn't have the gay alien on them. I decided to go with the 1 1/8" bars after all. I was looking at the Pro Taper SE's but I didn't want the cross bar. I've got a set of EVO's on the way. I have plans to mount my 7/8" accessories another way.

What bars are you going with Zadok?

That's exactly what I'm thinking of doing. I have seen other WR's with the same setup. I like the simple look of the Pro Taper clamps. Those APA clamps with the aliens engraved on them are very nice... IF they didn't have the gay alien on them. I decided to go with the 1 1/8" bars after all. I was looking at the Pro Taper SE's but I didn't want the cross bar. I've got a set of EVO's on the way. I have plans to mount my 7/8" accessories another way.

What bars are you going with Zadok?

Went with ProTaper Contours. Decided not to spend the extra

on the EVOs. Nice bars though.

A Black magic marker will stealth the alien........

Copyofwrxbarclamp.jpg

A Black magic marker will stealth the alien........

Copyofwrxbarclamp.jpg

Not to my satisfaction it won't.

Not to my satisfaction it won't.

:busted:

I think Im with you on this one. That is a pretty sorry engraving

to have on a product. Like my old man would say "thats cheesy".

:moon:

I think Im with you on this one. That is a pretty sorry engraving

to have on a product. Like my old man would say "thats cheesy".

They could have sold a few more if they also offered it without the alien. I would have bought one in a heartbeat. I mean, c'mon, it's like the last step in the manufacturing process, and they couldn't slip a few off the assembly line before they hit the engraving machine? GEEEZ! :busted:

Sorry APA, but Pro Taper got my $$ instead.

I went ahead with 1 1/8 adaptor from zeta for the extra hight.... paired with 4.75 inches of bar rise now Im in the zone

I got the APA's in red. The alien doesn't bother me, and they have a great rise. I am running Renthal Fatbars in CR High. Overall, bars are about 2" higher than stock, and they feel AWESOME should be alot easier to ride stand up wheelies!

152.jpg

I got the APA's in red. The alien doesn't bother me, and they have a great rise. I am running Renthal Fatbars in CR High. Overall, bars are about 2" higher than stock, and they feel AWESOME should be alot easier to ride stand up wheelies!

152.jpg

How much higher are the risers themeselves? They dont look

much higher in the pic, but its hard to tell. Is your 2" from the

bars themselves, or the risers?

Thanks.

It's weird, if you look at their website

BLUEBC300X.jpg

blackBC300X.jpg

Mine is like the picture of the blue mount, the red and black ones appear to be stock height. I'd say the rise from the clamp is about 12.5mm (1/2"), but possibly more importantly they move the bars forward 10mm (or backward if you ride way back on the seat). CR high bars are much taller than stock, and I roll them forward in the clamps for more height and upturn at the bar ends. Also shortened the bars 1 1/4" on each end (2.5" total)

DSCN0855.jpg

Here is a direct comparison. As I said appears to be 12.5mm rise.

DSCN0855.jpg

Here is a direct comparison. As I said appears to be 12.5mm rise.

Cool, thanks.:thumbsup: