which helmet??

I'd go with the Shoei, might also look into the Fox V3 or the Oneal 9 series.

I tried on the fox's and didnt like the feel. and I havent tried any oneals. always thought they were cheap and didnt bother

Shoei is made in Japan. Fly is made in China.

Go with the Shoei.

go with the shoei.. i went with the fcr3 in white/red...

thats what I was thinking. I have to pay for this with my own money. as with most of my other mx gear. so I want to buy somthing tht will last me like a year or 2

It depends on the fit of the helmet. They all fit a certain type of head better and you will only know if you find one and try it on.

I have tried on all kinds of helmets, and the ones that fit the best for me are the Arai VX-Pro 3 and the One Industries Trooper. So that is what I have (2 Arais and one Trooper for snow/night use). The Shoei (feels narrow), Fox (pinches my forehead), Klim (feels funny at the back of my head), HJC (wierd forehead, but not terrible), and Scorpion (goofy feel in the cheek/temple area) don't fit my head all that well. I just can't stomach the thought of having a Bell just because they also sell them at Wal-Mart. Yeah, I know it is not the same helmet but I just can't bring myself to do it.

So before you decide, and if price is not the determining factor (and for the most important piece of saftey gear it shouldn't be) then you really, really need to try the helmets on before you buy. So find a dealer that stocks the helmets you are looking at, go in a try a couple on to find what fits best, tell them thanks but no thanks and then go home and order online.

It depends on the fit of the helmet. They all fit a certain type of head better and you will only know if you find one and try it on.

I have tried on all kinds of helmets, and the ones that fit the best for me are the Arai VX-Pro 3 and the One Industries Trooper. So that is what I have (2 Arais and one Trooper for snow/night use). The Shoei (feels narrow), Fox (pinches my forehead), Klim (feels funny at the back of my head), HJC (wierd forehead, but not terrible), and Scorpion (goofy feel in the cheek/temple area) don't fit my head all that well. I just can't stomach the thought of having a Bell just because they also sell them at Wal-Mart. Yeah, I know it is not the same helmet but I just can't bring myself to do it.

So before you decide, and if price is not the determining factor (and for the most important piece of saftey gear it shouldn't be) then you really, really need to try the helmets on before you buy. So find a dealer that stocks the helmets you are looking at, go in a try a couple on to find what fits best, tell them thanks but no thanks and then go home and order online.

Im goin to do that the closest dealer to me that stocks more than 1 brand of helmet is about an hour away. So my mom said she would take me tommorow. Im also geting my leatt adventure:banana: . So ill see if i can get her to help me pay for the helmet to. I already have quite abit of money. I definetly want a high end helmet though

Im goin to do that the closest dealer to me that stocks more than 1 brand of helmet is about an hour away. So my mom said she would take me tommorow. Im also geting my leatt adventure:banana: . So ill see if i can get her to help me pay for the helmet to. I already have quite abit of money. I definetly want a high end helmet though

Dealers typically stock cheapo Chinese made dirt helmets so you may have a hard time finding one that stocks high end Shoei and Arai dirt helmets, but you can often find shops that stock Shoei and Arai street helmets. When checking the fit you can use the Shoei and Arai street helmets to determine what fits you best.

FYI, there are two basic head shapes, round and oval. Shoei is oval and fits a slightly narrower through the temples whereas Arai is round and is wider through the temples.

check out the sixsixonee flight. It is a really nice/ good looking helmet and really safe. It is a lot cheaper as well. Take a look

http://www.suomy.com/technicalrange.php

Do you guys have any experience with suomy helmets? I know that there DOT/ BSI approved which I have heard is better for motocross?

Suomy makes good helmets in Italy. Another good Italian helmet is Vemar. Shoei, Arai, Suomy and Vemar are the only helmets available in the US that I would recommend. Everything else is made in China and the last thing that I would trust to protect my brain is a Chinese made helmet.

im getting the vfx-w soon so i'd reccomend that one

im getting the vfx-w soon so i'd reccomend that one

I really like the look and its supposed to be one of the best helmets you can get

I am lucky as my dealer usually has at least one of every size of Arai VX-Pro and a Shoei or two so that people can try them on and then order the color that they want.

As for me, I just get one new Arai a year and retire the oldest one. Two years or two hits on a helmet is the max and then it goes away.

I am lucky as my dealer usually has at least one of every size of Arai VX-Pro and a Shoei or two so that people can try them on and then order the color that they want.

As for me, I just get one new Arai a year and retire the oldest one. Two years or two hits on a helmet is the max and then it goes away.

wow ur lucky i wish i could afford that. I am goin to try and get a job at the local honda dealer:thumbsup: so hopefully i can start getting nicer gear

+1 on that i was going to say the same thing you have to try them on, it could be a $10000 helmet but if it dont fit right its a $2 helmet. i love my shoei's i one three i like the VFX-DT prestons/fonescas and now they are on sale at a lot of places for like 380 down from 570 i have two and love them the new sabers are awesome looking two. one of my ridding buddy has a arai and love them i like them to but it just dont fit my head right so i stick with my shoei. i also think that the shoei/arai made in japan are much higher quality than the other competitors fox fly oneal hjc scorpion are made in china. that just my .2cents

ok i decided im definetly goin to try shoei or arai. Im goin to see which one fits better. Price doesnt really matter so thats why.

since the new shoei came out you might be able to get a good deal on a shoei v-mt. just my .2 cents

I have a couple Shoeis. Very nice!