newer model plastics for older bike?

hey guys im new to thumpertalk, but ive been using the threads for a while so decided i might as well sign up. i have a 1990 yz 125 that could use some new plastics but i cant find anyone that sells plastics for that year ( they usually stop at '96). so, i was wondering if any plastics for newer models fit? i have heard that 99 yz 250 plastics might work but could anyone confirm this?

thanks in advance for your help!!

thanks rusky, are those oem or aftermarket?

They are oem style but made by an aftermarket company i believe... There may be slight differences from the originals though.

sweet... those dont look half bad. ill definately look into them.

I have a 1990 yz 125 also that I updated the plastic to the 91-92 look. very little mods to get them to fit. Motosport.com will get you eveything you need and they were the cheapest by far I found. I will have pics on here some day.

killer, id love to see the pics. what kind of mods were necassary? im up for anything except trimming.

hey chap dont stress,i just got new oem plastics for my 88 yz125 and no problem.just order them from your yamaha dealer least you'll know they'll be perfect.in south africa i paid +/- 150 rand each lol what a bargain!