DRZ400 FCR-MX Conversion Kit question

Does the DRZ400 FCR-MX Conversion Kit come with everything needed to put it in a 400s or do you need to but jets or anything seperate. Also should you buy a jet kit for it for the better needle or does it come with a good one already? About how much extra power does this carb provide with the 3x3 mod. I plan on getting the MRD exhaust system in the next few months, but is it worth using the FCR with the stock exhaust for now or should I wait and buy the exhaust at the same time?

Does the DRZ400 FCR-MX Conversion Kit come with everything needed to put it in a 400s or do you need to but jets or anything seperate. Also should you buy a jet kit for it for the better needle or does it come with a good one already? About how much extra power does this carb provide with the 3x3 mod. I plan on getting the MRD exhaust system in the next few months, but is it worth using the FCR with the stock exhaust for now or should I wait and buy the exhaust at the same time?

I think you need jetting change for the SSW/MRD pipe since it flows so well. but wait til Eddie get`s home from Vegas..... ( as a millionaire)..... He can tell you excactly what you need.

Erling

I just did both. The FCR and the MRD/SSW. The jetting and needle that came with the kit are for the 3X3 mod and Uncorked pipe. Everything was there. I asked the same question since my MRD pipe was gonna show up a week behind the FCR. Dave still had to build it. I wanted to run the FCR by itself until the new pipe showed up. I was going to have to put a different Main Jet in to use with the OEM pipe. A 155 I believe Eddie said. If you are a ways off with the MRD, just get a Jet kit so you can use it now.

I have been wondering the same thing about the quality of the jets and needle in a Jet Kit. Is there a better Jet and Needle kit for the FCR? Or are the needle and jets that came with the TT FCR MX as good as it gets? Just curious.

I just did both. The FCR and the MRD/SSW. The jetting and needle that came with the kit are for the 3X3 mod and Uncorked pipe. Everything was there. I asked the same question since my MRD pipe was gonna show up a week behind the FCR. Dave still had to build it. I wanted to run the FCR by itself until the new pipe showed up. I was going to have to put a different Main Jet in to use with the OEM pipe. A 155 I believe Eddie said. If you are a ways off with the MRD, just get a Jet kit so you can use it now.

I have been wondering the same thing about the quality of the jets and needle in a Jet Kit. Is there a better Jet and Needle kit for the FCR? Or are the needle and jets that came with the TT FCR MX as good as it gets? Just curious.

I think that a 155MJ should work for a stock setup(if you need a smaller main jet than the 165 that comes in the kit, then yes you'll have to order it, or obtain one locally). Check the FCR MX install FAQ to be sure. As to whether or not there is a better needle available, I believe that Eddie had a hand in selecting the contents of the TT kit in the first place. The two needles that come in the kit are intended to optimize the vast majority of situations/conditions out there. There are other needles(tapers) available for those who, for whatever reason, do not fall into this category.

Mine fcr 39 came with a 160mj emn needle,and everyhing else I needed.

I swapped the 160mj for a 158, but it will run ok with the 160.

If I remember correct, the emn needle must be put in ,and the small airjet in the intake has to go out.

You should also do the o-ring mod.

The tt-kit is made after eddies specs......