Tubeless with stock rim!

My friend give me this tape, he did same tape on his husky SMR510 for 1/2 year and still ok.

tape1.jpg

tape2.jpg

Not sure what's it made, looks like 2mm rubber and self adhesive.

Finish yesterday on my front wheel and change the D208 to Diablo supercorsa, set TP at 40psi. Check this morning, still at 40psi. :busted:

Not things special! Just stick "one" layer on rim, and change tubeless valve.

I'll stay at 40 psi more days, make sure the tapes stick probably on rim.

Sorry, I forgot photo while work on the rim.

But, the front wheel done. I'll go for rear rim.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys

The Mountain bike guys have been doing the exact same thing with the tape for years and it works great. I did the mod with the tape and added some sealer into the tire (it was green called slime maybe?) and ran it till the tire was worn with no problems.

Some of the time I ran it at 8 pounds and felt the rim getting hit, This was in the mountains with some serious steep terrain.

Tip, get a mark on your tire and a mark on your rim, keep an eye on it to make sure your tire does not spin on the rim.

Bev

I work for the phone company, we use that stuff to seal up access points on the telephone cable that runs along the roads. It lasts a long time.

Cool~ Maybe they're same thing.

Guys

The Mountain bike guys have been doing the exact same thing with the tape for years and it works great. I did the mod with the tape and added some sealer into the tire (it was green called slime maybe?) and ran it till the tire was worn with no problems.

Some of the time I ran it at 8 pounds and felt the rim getting hit, This was in the mountains with some serious steep terrain.

Tip, get a mark on your tire and a mark on your rim, keep an eye on it to make sure your tire does not spin on the rim.

Bev

Bevo, Thanks your Tips.

I don't like Slime, especially when tire change.

Hope you're not riding it at 40psi!!

40psi just make sure the tape stick well on the rim. :moon:

You may try it, if they can stick well and if can take the tire pressure without damege.

This is a fantastic Idea. Thank You for showing us!:busted:

No problem:thumbsup:

I work for the phone company, we use that stuff to seal up access points on the telephone cable that runs along the roads. It lasts a long time.

Hey JEB, any idea what the brand is?

I love tubeless tyres and if i can buy some of this stuff i'd be a happy chappy!:moon:

no more pinch flats either :busted:

One very successful product in the mountain bike (bicycle) market is Stan's No Tubes.....a quick search will get you to his web-site.

The tape in his product is just packaging tape type with the threads that run through it. AND, some very tight rim strips AND....this may be the magic part.... his special mixture of a sealant that seals the bead and any punctures.

When you first put the sealant in, it usually bubbles around the bead for a couple minutes then seals. I've never had a flat while using Stan's.

I really like the tubeless conversion on my bicycle. The thing that has kept me from trying on the DRZ is the simple fact that my bicycle goes about 8 miles per hour.....my DRZ sometimes goes faster :busted: I have never rolled a tire on the bicycle and believe that a DRZ tire/wheel would work just fine, but I am too fragile to be the test pilot.

One very successful product in the mountain bike (bicycle) market is Stan's No Tubes.....a quick search will get you to his web-site.

The tape in his product is just packaging tape type with the threads that run through it. AND, some very tight rim strips AND....this may be the magic part.... his special mixture of a sealant that seals the bead and any punctures.

When you first put the sealant in, it usually bubbles around the bead for a couple minutes then seals. I've never had a flat while using Stan's.

I really like the tubeless conversion on my bicycle. The thing that has kept me from trying on the DRZ is the simple fact that my bicycle goes about 8 miles per hour.....my DRZ sometimes goes faster :busted: I have never rolled a tire on the bicycle and believe that a DRZ tire/wheel would work just fine, but I am too fragile to be the test pilot.

motard racers in europe use silicone to seal the rim.works for a race bike but too risky imo on the streets.