Merry Christmas to me! Great deal I think...

I've been drooling over these little pit bikes for a while here. I have a few older circa 1970's Honda Z50s and a cool 1971 JT-1 Yamaha 60 along with 19 or so other full-size bikes, but the photos and articles on pit bikes keep sucking me back to this forum. A week ago I saw a 2008 Pister Pro X4 listed on Craigs list for $500.00. The ad stated that he bought the bike new in Summer 2008 and that he needed cash and was having trouble with the flywheel and drift pin coming apart.

Just for Giggles I decided to email the owner and find out what he was willing to take for the bike. I waited until Dec 23rd to send him an email and he quickly returned a response stating "make me an offer". I pinged him with a $300 cash response and he accepted. I quickly hopped in the car and drove an hour Christmas eve and picked the beast up. Here is a photo, it looks pretty solid and everything is there. The plastic is a little faded but no major damage that I can tell. The bike is straight, has good compression but i need to address the drift key issue. So what to you think, was it a good deal or did a make a bad investment?:busted::moon:

DSC05862.JPG

I've been drooling over these little pit bikes for a while here. I have a few older circa 1970's Honda Z50s and a cool 1971 JT-1 Yamaha 60 along with 19 or so other full-size bikes, but the photos and articles on pit bikes keep sucking me back to this forum. A week ago I saw a 2008 Pister Pro X4 listed on Craigs list for $500.00. The ad stated that he bought the bike new in Summer 2008 and that he needed cash and was having trouble with the flywheel and drift pin coming apart.

Just for Giggles I decided to email the owner and find out what he was willing to take for the bike. I waited until Dec 23rd to send him an email and he quickly returned a response stating "make me an offer". I pinged him with a $300 cash response and he accepted. I quickly hopped in the car and drove an hour Christmas eve and picked the beast up. Here is a photo, it looks pretty solid and everything is there. The plastic is a little faded but no major damage that I can tell. The bike is straight, has good compression but i need to address the drift key issue. So what to you think, was it a good deal or did a make a bad investment?:busted::moon:

DSC05862.JPG

Smart deal Id say...you can get a New Motor for $400.00 (160cc) and dump the bike for $1500.00

Glad to here it. After looking it over I think I'll fix it and keep it as a fun bike to ride around with my two young boys....

Yeah just drop in an engine and your all set.