Green Mtn Trail Ride (mini report and short video)

Me, Jon, Bill, Tom and Jason went for a short trail ride Saturday. Conditions were brutal; especially for me and Bill with our trials tires, but we had decent weather, and got further then I thought we would.. but we were pretty whooped after just a few miles

Here's a bit of video from the ride

http://blip.tv/file/1618413

Saw your trials tire tread and wondered how far you'd get with that. Two of us were there today around 9:30 and hit the trail. A sno-cross bike would've been better suited for this ride with axle deep slush, heavy snow. We were able to push about another 1/2 mile beyond the last tracks, past the bridge and the road crossing and then another 1/2 mile there.

We loaded up the bikes and went down to Tahuya to see if was much better. Nope, so we changed gear and went to find a bar for some lunch and football.

Only good thing was getting out of the house and the sun was out. The bad thing it took 2 hrs to go 5 miles and I feel like I rode 50 miles.

Nice vid Rob, thanks. It's was hoot but next time NO trials tire. We went up 1.5, MX813 got another .5 on that. Someone needs to go up and bust up it through to the top?

We tried but man, it was tough going...plus, despite the snow and no air flow, bike decided to overheat a few times.

I swear though, I saw sled tracks or something along those lines. Did you see the marks I am talking about?

Who was the big man in black riding the mini bike?:busted: Combining skiing and riding into one trip was a hoot!

Glad you got the video - Thanks Rob! I hadn't realized so many had to dismount and push their bikes through. That XR200 with me on it was a snow buggy.

I swear though, I saw sled tracks or something along those lines. Did you see the marks I am talking about?

It couldn't of been that 4x4 Quad we saw because he had to disembark the trail system at the first road where the hiker declared he was illegal.:moon:

Great video, a bad days ride is better that no riding at all.:busted:

Met Hayshaker out at saddle mt. today, about 8 inches of snow average on the ground, was fun for a while rode maybe 15 miles max. The snow made it..er..um..interesting. Did some fun loooooong drifts in the open fields, Tony and i both found some bomb holes that were leveled over with snow, good

for a face plant in the snow. Got soaked after about two hours so packed it. Shame all this snow eh? Looks like you guys had it a little more rough than we did

, at least we got a little speed. Cant wait for summer!! Nice vid!:busted:

Met Hayshaker out at saddle mt. today, about 8 inches of snow average on the ground, was fun for a while rode maybe 15 miles max. The snow made it..er..um..interesting. Did some fun loooooong drifts in the open fields, Tony and i both found some bomb holes that were leveled over with snow, good

for a face plant in the snow. Got soaked after about two hours so packed it. Shame all this snow eh? Looks like you guys had it a little more rough than we did

, at least we got a little speed. Cant wait for summer!! Nice vid!:busted:

We did make it to the microwave tower but it was a battle to get that far. I had planned on going down a canyon bottom back to the trucks but glad we did not. A short venture into a seemingly easy one turned into a fight to get back out.

Adding ice screws definatly gave much better traction. I can ride compact snow and ice with confidence.

TONY