Sign in to follow this  

Best fork cartridge for KX 85.

My 11 yo 75lb rider is getting confident and really picking up his speed. Want to improve the suspension and most importantly keeping within a tight budget. I've checked on Factory Connection and Fox cartridges and was wondering if anyone else has had something different that worked good.

I've got .27 fork springs and a 4.4 shock all is stock, been experimenting with different weight oils and changing compression settings. He says it's ok but after watching him ride a friends bike who had TH Racing do the suspension he was almost 3 seconds a lap faster on his friends bike.

Suspension Direct offers a upgrade cartridge kit for the KX. Not sure of the price though. Here is there # 714-464-2050.

My son is 12 and weighs 75lbs also. I think we are running the same springs as you.Then this is what we did at the advice of the guy i bought the springs from.switch the oil to mobil 1 synthetic atf at 90mm high and clickers 8 out

rear shock,set sag at 85mm,comp at 2:00 position and rebound 10 to 11 clicks out. Also i hear if you can get a yz85 base bolt it will fit right in and it gives you alot more adjustment.