Sign in to follow this  

Motosport taking forever?

I ordered new grips, grip glue, a fatbar pad, and the protaper universal fatbar mounts on November 19th from Motosport and my order was shipped December 18th with ground shipping and I got my order December 20th but I didn't get the bar mounts and they said they were still back ordered. When will they get some in? That's the only thing I need to mount up my new fatbars haha.

While I'm sure you're just wanting to vent your frustrations (understandable), the only people that can give you a good answer are the folks at Motosport.

That said, put me down for $20 on the third week in January. :moon::mad::p:busted:

that sucks...my friend ordered a clutch and some parts from motosport for his quad and one item was backordered so they didnt send out the whole order....he waited like a month before he got the parts...i couldnt believe it...so far ive only had good luck with motosport. Lets hope it stays this way! hopefully you get your part soon though!

FYI...I just ordered something from them a moment ago and one of my items was backordered. If you read the fine print on their shipping policies, they claim if you call them you cna request the in-stock items be shipped right away. I'm going to call them in the morning and will report back as to how it goes.

i have always had good luck with motosport as well

I've had 3 other orders from them and they were always good, I'm not saying anything bad about them I'd just like to know when I'll get my darn part haha.

I've done about $6k w/ them this year for a reason. Just like any other retailer some stuf is beyond their control.

Back orders are a big problem in the motorcycle industry in general. At one time this fall, I had 6 items ordered through the local motorcycle parts/service shop and 3 were on back order. Sometimes takes up to 3 months to get stuff and the running bad joke, "only order one thing at a time, if you order two, one item will be on back order". When the wholesalers like Tucker Rocky, Parts Unlimited, and Motorcycle Stuff can't get things, it's not just Motosport, it's the manufacturers as a whole.

I've done about $6k w/ them this year for a reason. Just like any other retailer some stuf is beyond their control.

you must be on a first name basis with your fedex guy :busted:

you must be on a first name basis with your fedex guy :busted:

I am just about to that phase, tomorrow will be my 3rd delivery in a month

Does anyone know if they have moved their warehouse back east yet. I have always loved their service. If I order something (always over $100.00) they do 2 day shipping for free but if I order it on a Monday before 9:00 AM it always showed up Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunatly for them I have found so many other places to get parts in a pinch that once it actually does take 2 days or more for them to ship to me I wont be ordering from them anymore. To bad they cant have warehouses on both ends of the country.

Does anyone know if they have moved their warehouse back east yet. I have always loved their service. If I order something (always over $100.00) they do 2 day shipping for free but if I order it on a Monday before 9:00 AM it always showed up Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunatly for them I have found so many other places to get parts in a pinch that once it actually does take 2 days or more for them to ship to me I wont be ordering from them anymore. To bad they cant have warehouses on both ends of the country.

I believe they are in Memphis now

That is where my last three orders have come from

I believe they are in Memphis now

That is where my last three orders have come from

That sucks. Well they have to go where they move the most parts to so I understand. I have found enough places locally to get things within a day so not to big a deal. I just really liked dealing with the guys there.

Order over $1,000 from RM, then you get 5% back. But both places rock IMO. :busted:

I ordered from them on the 20th and they shipped it immediately, unfortunately fedex is now taking forever, its been in minnesota since the 23rd I understand christmas and christmas eve but come on I wanna see some progress here. :busted:

I ordered from them on the 20th and they shipped it immediately, unfortunately fedex is now taking forever, its been in minnesota since the 23rd I understand christmas and christmas eve but come on I wanna see some progress here. :busted:

Same here, was supposed to be here Christmas Eve. The excuse was snow, UPS made it down my street. Oh well, will be here tomorrow

Follow up to my earlier post about backordered items balling up the in-stock items - called and dude said he'd ship everything else, no problem. I was off the phone in under a minute. Big thumbs up from me, although if it weren't for the free 2 day upgrade, I'd buy (and will in the future) from the TT store.