how to make aluminum frames look like new?

I have a 08 crf250 and want to bring the frame back to life. Any idea's on how to make it look new again?

Brillo pad & plenty elbow grease.

mothers pride or blue magic

well id polish it...or some scotch brite and wd40 works well also!

Brillo pad just makes it look like a big mess. Im curious how honda get's that perfect brushed look :busted:

I already polished it, im tired of always having to polish it after each ride. It's like after maintenance and polishing i have more time in working on it than riding.

some scotch brite and wd40 works well also!

Factory new looking (except for the scratches). :busted:

I already polished it, im tired of always having to polish it after each ride. It's like after maintenance and polishing i have more time in working on it than riding.

Polished aluminum is the LAST THING I'd ever do. Used to details a bunch of custom HDs for guys that just had to have polished rims. :busted:

Polished AL looks nice, but it's not even close to the effort to upkeep.

When I am cleaning my bike I take a scotch brite and go over the frame to clean all the boot marks off on the lower part and move it in the same direction on the upper part to make it look just as good as new.

i will try the bristle pad when i clean the bike

SOS pads. The soap in them really makes aluminum look new. Here is the frame and linkage of my 06 after a quick scrub with an SOS pad and then rinsing it with water.

DSCF0571.jpg

2007_06300006.jpg

You can also use aluminum brightener, but that can damage other parts of the bike, and can be very dangerous.