Windrock TN

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question for the local TN riders is Windrock close to Brimstone? I have ridden brimstone three time in 08 and really like the place. At our last visit another group told us that Windrock was very close to Brimstone and if that is the case I would like to ride it our next rip down. Is the riding similar to Brimstone, better, worse?

GHill

Brimstone and windrock are close almost connecting. Brimstone is exit 141 windrock ( coal creek) is exit 122 which is the next exit and runs to oliver springs. Royal blue is also off 141

Which place do you prefer Trail Daddy?.... We've been to Windrock twice and we really like it. Just wondering if there is something better....

Brimstone and windrock are close almost connecting. Brimstone is exit 141 windrock ( coal creek) is exit 122 which is the next exit and runs to oliver springs. Royal blue is also off 141

Thanks for this information. Do you go West on exit 122 just like you do with Brimstone on exit 141? Also is there a certain place you have to check in to get riding passes like you do at the Brimstone recreation office? I hate to ask all of these questions just trying to learn the lay of the land. :banana:

GHill

I prefer Brimstone, good mix of trails that are well mapped and can hit the hard suff with the kids but are never to far from the easy stuff if it gets to ruff or weather rolls in.

Located in town (huntsville) so you have food,gas and a couple dealers should you break/forget spare parts.

West off 122 in lake city, there's no trailhead more of a pullover park and ride.

They do req. permits but its ridden by alot of locals who I doubt have one.

This is called the north side. Trails not marked well and if its rains they can get real nasty, I only go there with the hardcore guys i ride with since they know them by heart and the elusive singletrack.

I'm more than happy to answer all questions so post'em

West off 122 in lake city, there's no trailhead more of a pullover park and ride.

They do req. permits but its ridden by alot of locals who I doubt have one.

This is called the north side. Trails not marked well and if its rains they can get real nasty, I only go there with the hardcore guys i ride with since they know them by heart and the elusive singletrack.

I'm more than happy to answer all questions so post'em

Do you mean north side of wind rock? If so I rode there once. It seemes like it took almost an hr from the parking lot ridding fast. Do you cross a highway?

I'd say the trails are better on the North side of Windrock. I got lost on trail57 and it took an hour to get back, but most of the trails are marked decent. A GPS helps.

We always park on the South side and ride as much trail as possible going to the North side. We've got over-sized tanks, so long rides are no problem.

Maybe we should all have a ride at Windrock sometime soon?... I'm 5 hours away, but I love riding in Tennessee.