Sign in to follow this  

2nd gen pics

I know there is a thread for cr's but I wanted to see specifically the 2nd gen aluminum frame cr 125's and 250's. I had a 2000 cr125 that I wish I would have kept and just recently bought a 2001 cr250. I just wanna see what you guys have done to your bikes and if there are any nice looking ones still floating around that people are proud of. Ill get pics up of mine as soon as I can. Thanks!:busted:

You can check the TT garage to see my 01' cr 250 . I don't have any pics on this computer . I am a bit computer illiterate but learning. I am not too sure on how to load pictures sometimes. It is hit or miss. I love my 2nd gen 250 too.:busted:

and a shot from close to the end of the year. unadilla GNCC getting ready for the start. i added a 3rd gen ims tank and shrouds. my bike looks completely hosed after a year or XC races.

CopyofIMG_3344.jpg

and a shot from close to the end of the year. unadilla GNCC getting ready for the start. i added a 3rd gen ims tank and shrouds. my bike looks completely hosed after a year or XC races.

CopyofIMG_3344.jpg

Then it is a real bike with scars from riding. How hard was adding the newer tank? Nice pictures , nice seeing another trail cr 250!

That looks like an M5B in back. I have been enjoying one on my bike and it works pretty good here.

yes, its an M5B, 130/18. im currently torn on my opinion of it. its great in lose woods and mud, but if you get into hard pack or lots of rocks it just lights up. im going to try a VE33 next.

the 3rd gen tank wasnt too hard to rig up. i went with it so i had more available graphics. i pretty much followed the other write ups on here concerning the 3rd gen plastic swap. the only thing i was concerned about was heating up and pushing in the tank for spark plug clearance, but it was simple and i didnt have to dimple it in much at all.

part of me really wants to get a more common XC bike, for aftermarket parts availability, but i really love the way the CR handles, and its cool having something thats not orange or blue at the races.

Here's a couple of pic's of when I bought mine, a few months ago. I've added Precision Concepts Susp, v-force reeds , and a Keihn Carb. Now I need to find more time to ride it. I'd really want to build a alum. frame 500.

crpic1-1.jpg?t=1230777563

crpic2.jpg?t=1230777612

yes, its an M5B, 130/18. im currently torn on my opinion of it. its great in lose woods and mud, but if you get into hard pack or lots of rocks it just lights up. im going to try a VE33 next.

the 3rd gen tank wasnt too hard to rig up. i went with it so i had more available graphics. i pretty much followed the other write ups on here concerning the 3rd gen plastic swap. the only thing i was concerned about was heating up and pushing in the tank for spark plug clearance, but it was simple and i didnt have to dimple it in much at all.

part of me really wants to get a more common XC bike, for aftermarket parts availability, but i really love the way the CR handles, and its cool having something thats not orange or blue at the races.

I got a M5B 140/18 it might work better if you went bigger. It does fit but not by too much. I don't ride in much loose rock or hard pack so I am not sure... but it would have a bit more bite than the 130. I ride in lots of tight single track, clay stuff ..slippery when wet stuff. Your soil and terrain may be completely different compared to what I ride here so It is hard to figure. What do other guys run there? Do some run Pirelli MT16? so far that is one of the best I have run. This M5B 140 is good too but I need to ride it under a variety of conditions for a better assessment . Great thread here. I am predjudiced!! I like to see guys who ride the same kind of bikes I ride!!! Thanks again!!!!:thinking: All of you are posting some nice pics!!!!