Sign in to follow this  

which oils to run??

hey there im wondering what oil's you guys run in your cases. i herd that you have to run the pro honda fluids or the reliability of the motor wont last, im sure this is true to a point. i intend on running belray gear saver in the tranny side, and green lable maxima in the engine side. changing the tranny every 5 hours and the engine every 3 and oil filter every 6.

will this combination work or will i have to use the pro honda expensive crap

im not into spending 40$ a oil change id rather get cheaper stuff and do it more often

it shouldnt be $40 if you use honda stuff. i judt did an oil change on mine and it was under $20 to use all pro honda gn4 in the motor and hp trans oil in the tranny side

I use the recommended Honda Engine Oil. That's the only thing I can get here that is good enough for the bikes. Strange since I live in a country with huge oil supplies, but the oil is really cheap so I am not complaining at all :busted:

I use the recommended Honda Engine Oil. That's the only thing I can get here that is good enough for the bikes. Strange since I live in a country with huge oil supplies, but the oil is really cheap so I am not complaining at all :moon:

:busted: ...thats pretty cool that motocross has made it way there. plenty of dunes?

Where do you buy the Rotella T?

You can use it on both sides, engine and tranny? No issues?

Where do you buy the Rotella T?

You can use it on both sides, engine and tranny? No issues?

wal-mart

yes

:busted: ...thats pretty cool that motocross has made it way there. plenty of dunes?

I wouldn't say motocross has made its way here. They built a brand new track in the capital Riyadh a year ago and I heard that it was built by Red Bull. I have never been to the track since it's a twelve hour drive. But there are barely any riders here. Only quadtards here and show offs :p

There are plenty of dunes, and huge ones as well. The best dunes I have ever ridden in the middle east.

Anyways how's the riding in Virginia? What type of terrain is it there. I know it is off topic but what the heck.:moon:

has anyone heard of a clear oil? what brand is it? it was in my bike when i bought it used.

Is it alright to run the Rotella in smaller bikes like the CRF50/70 series?