Sign in to follow this  

WOW. extremely hard decision.

well. i have to come to a decision. i either have to sell my 06 yz 125 to get me a decent truck or i could keep aggravating my friend about going places. im having a hard time deciding because i love my bike. but my mom told me that if i got rid of it i could get a better job and i could eventually afford a new bike. so i was wondering what you guys would do. :busted::moon:

Id sell the bike and get a job and the truck. I mean, you wont have a bike for awhile but in the long run,you dont have to call your friend every weekend(or however often you call him)to get a ride.

Get rid of the toy and get some real transportation if that is what you need.

so it would be smarter to just get rid of the bike for a while? ive been thinking about it for a while and i could never come to a decision. but i guess in the long run i can always get a better bike.

Huh?

I don't get it, you have to get rid of the bike to get a better job?

not to get a better job but to get a ride to go back and forth to work.

All my friends are selling their bikes and buying honda civics :busted: I dont know what the weather is like there, but what about selling ur bike for something like a DRZ400S... It will feel like a tank compared to your 200 pound YZ, but it will be road legal, and there is lots of mods over on the DRZ forum to get the HP #'s up in the 50's

Seems that you do have the cart before the horse. So I take it that your mom is saying that if you sell your bike to get a truck, you will than be able to go and get a better job? If you do sell the bike and get a truck, the positive side is that once you get another bike you can ride when ever you want to, and not have to bother your friend.

All my friends are selling their bikes and buying honda civics :busted: I dont know what the weather is like there, but what about selling ur bike for something like a DRZ400S... It will feel like a tank compared to your 200 pound YZ, but it will be road legal, and there is lots of mods over on the DRZ forum to get the HP #'s up in the 50's

only problem with that is i have to be 18 to have my motorcycle license and im only 16.

That is a problem isnt it... Would your parents be willing to finance the truck for you. like they pay 2500 for a truck, you use it to go to work, help them as much as you can, then make payments to them every time you get paid... Just try to explain to them how much your bike means to you, and how it relieves stress. Personally i go insane if i don't ride my bike.

keep the bike, sell your mother to your friend and steal a truck.......... just kidding, jeeze I'm gonna try the decaf, sorry

i would keep the bike and get a job to buy a truck, maybe like a cheap one for now, till you have the money to get a better one. but its ur call

That is a problem isnt it... Would your parents be willing to finance the truck for you. like they pay 2500 for a truck, you use it to go to work, help them as much as you can, then make payments to them every time you get paid... Just try to explain to them how much your bike means to you, and how it relieves stress. Personally i go insane if i don't ride my bike.

well i mean i can go sometime w/o the bike. i mean it would defiantly show them im responsible. its just hard to see my bike go. but like everybody said. eventually i can get another bike.

haha making dedicated payments to them would show responsibility to :busted: besides, what are you going to put in the back of your truck if you sell your bike. Nothing says i love dirt bikes than having a 2 grand bike in the back of a 1 grand truck.

What kind of truck you going to get for the 2k your bike is worth?

Why a truck?

Get a cheap p.o.s. to drive to work. Then maybe you can keep the bike.

At 16 I dought you could get a real good paying job. If you have a little money get a moped for like 600 bucks, then go work until you have the money for a simple cheap truck then sell the moped. This way you keep the bike and keep getting to ride and in about half a year depending on what kind of job you get you will have a truck... Unless you realy want a new bike then sell the 2t for a truck and wait about half a year before ever going riding again. I think you can see my point of view.

If your 16 dont sell your bike you wouldnt be able to get another one for a long time if you think you could get a job that pays anything...keep the bike eat your parents food and ride as much as you can because you are not 16 for long. and being 16 means all yuo should care about right now is riding. there will be many many years for you to be responsible and not many left that you cant be.

Do you give your friend gas money? Tell your mom he wants gas money or hes not driving you around. Give him some money for driving you around.

What i would do is just sell your bike. You need money. Look around, get yourself a really good job. When i was 13 i found a place to work right by my house stripping leaves off of pacasandra, then we would stick the packi into flats. We now sell the flats to the White House, Pentagon, places like that, and all major baseball parks. We sold the ivy that is now on the cubs wall. But anyways, that was a great job, i only worked for a summer and made 4 grand. What you should do is just find a place that will pay you good. Maybe think about working two jobs, maybe 3. im only 18, but when i was 16 and needed a truck, i worked 3 jobs. I worked with the plants that i explained above, i worked for my dad cleaning his office buildings, an then i bagged groceries just for the heck of it. It gave me some extra money. and i was able to buy an 11 grand truck at the end of the summer(with my own money).

With 4 grand, you can find a sweet bike.

Buy yourself a sweet truck. Find the best deal possible. Cars.com has really cheap deals. Look on there for sure.

Think about it. Most people live until there somewhere around 100 years old, you without a dirtbike for a year at most is only 1% of your life. If you work hard enough an find the right job, you'll be back on the saddle in no time. Hope this helps you make your decision.:busted:

Get a cheap mo-ped. You dont need a license for it, and it will get you to work so you can save for a truck. All while keeping your yz.

Kinda like a fat girl. Real fun till your friends catch ya.:busted: