What year model CRF-R exhaust fits the 2008X?

Hey guys, I know for the 07X you need the 2005 R pipe, but what about for the 2008?

My brother runs it on his 2007X and I like the sound and power and throttle response.

Thanks.

A buddy of mine runs an 07 R can with the stock header. He did have to hog out a bit of the mounting bracket on the can to get the holes lined up for the bolt but other than that its a pretty nice fit. He pretty much made the bolt hole into an oval. The X's bolt hole is positioned just a hair farther back than the R. This can easily be done with a carbide bit and a drill. Only about a 1/4 of an inch had to be taken out so it still left more than enough material to hold its strength. Take your time and you can make it look factory.

Hey guys, I know for the 07X you need the 2005 R pipe, but what about for the 2008?

Thanks.

same.

05crf450r header and pipe fits on 08crf450x or shall i say bolts on. thats what i install on my 08X

05crf450r header and pipe fits on 08crf450x or shall i say bolts on. thats what i install on my 08X

Do you need to make any mods as discussed above for the 05 muffler?

What about if I just get the muffler and not the header, does it bolt right up?

Thanks for your help.

Do you need to make any mods as discussed above for the 05 muffler?

What about if I just get the muffler and not the header, does it bolt right up?

Thanks for your help.

It will bolt right up, you don't need the R header.

both the pipe and the header are bolts on.

Excellent thanks guys.

Is there any advantage using the R header?

Yes and No!

Yes: The R header has a more straight bend to it then the X. The pipe has less back pressure, shorter overall pipe. The advantage is better mid to high RPM pull. When riding in open areas where high speeds are common, this will be benefical due to high RPM response.

No: Since the R header has a more straight bend to it instead of a low bend to it like the X, it has less back pressure and will affect your low end torque.The disadvantage of the R header is you will lose some grunt in lower RPM range which is some what essential for tight trails, deep mud and sand, and long hill climbs.

So it all depends on your preference. Where you ride and how you ride will determine your decesion. If you want all out horsepower and sacrific some toque, go with the R. You still want your torque but sacrific some HP go with the X

Yes and No!

Yes: The R header has a more straight bend to it then the X. The pipe has less back pressure, shorter overall pipe. The advantage is better mid to high RPM pull. When riding in open areas where high speeds are common, this will be benefical due to high RPM response.

No: Since the R header has a more straight bend to it instead of a low bend to it like the X, it has less back pressure and will affect your low end torque.The disadvantage of the R header is you will lose some grunt in lower RPM range which is some what essential for tight trails, deep mud and sand, and long hill climbs.

So it all depends on your preference. Where you ride and how you ride will determine your decesion. If you want all out horsepower and sacrific some toque, go with the R. You still want your torque but sacrific some HP go with the X

well said. here's some gas:thumbsup:

well said. here's some gas:thumbsup:

+1 race fuel for 450boozer! Thanks :thinking:

thats what i have notice on my 08X, and also using and R pipe i notice my bike runs cooler