rim size (width) question

The 06 I just got has 450 wheels on it. That means the rear rim is wider right? Instead if being 1.85x19 its something else I assume. Im sure it cant be that big of a weight issue, but when paired with a larger tire, 110 instead of 100/90-19 it could make a considerable difference. What kind of issues would I run into if I just ran a 100 on the bigger rim?

The bigger rim is 2.15".

A 110 tire will fit on it.

A 100 tire is a bit tricky to put on and get the bead to pop out... But it works.

The tire gets a bit of a strange profile though...

The 250 is designed with a 100 tire. On some tracks and in some conditions it will struggle to pull that big tire around.

But most likely it will work without big problems.

The best would be to get a new rim and lace it on there.

Your call!

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, but its only gonna bog it in deep loam or mud. I racing an indoor series right now so Im more worried about cornering and the bikes overall quickness and nimbleness. I think it may affect that a little but im not sure. Ive also heard that bigger tires dont work in ruts as good, and there are some tight ruts on the indoor tracks.

Especially of you're racing it, best thing to do is put the proper rim on it. A 110 is too big for the 250f, it'll sap some power, effect it's cornering, and the bike needs to be able to spin the rear occasionally, which will be harder to do with a 110. I'm sure you race in competitive classes. You don't really wanna start out with such a disadvantage, do you?

not to thread jack, but I never did find an answer to my question. What year and model rims will fit a 2007 kx250f? I dont care if it's a little bigger or whatever as this extra wheel will be my sand dune wheel with a paddle mounted. I only go to the dunes about 2-3 times per year, so if it works and is cheap I will be happy, I dont care about extra weight as long as the hub lines up.......

not to thread jack, but I never did find an answer to my question. What year and model rims will fit a 2007 kx250f? I dont care if it's a little bigger or whatever as this extra wheel will be my sand dune wheel with a paddle mounted. I only go to the dunes about 2-3 times per year, so if it works and is cheap I will be happy, I dont care about extra weight as long as the hub lines up.......

06 to 08 well fit 250 or 450, dont know about 09

how about older, like an '04?

04 wheels will work. just make sure you use the 04 wheel spacers and if u ever replace the spokes or rims theyre different than the 06 ones so pay attention

ok cool, cuz there are some 04 and 05 rims on ebay for cheap.

So is '04 the basically the cutoff? anything '04-'07 will fit my '07? I'll make sure to get the spacers with the wheel as well, thanks!

well.... 04 was the first year they made em.... but pretty much any KX250F of KX450F wheel will fit but I wouldnt recomend the 450 wheels on a 250F but they will fit. That is except for the 09s I have no idea about those.