Sign in to follow this  

What kind of fuel and octane to run?

I have a 2000 Yz125 with VforceII Reeds, FMF SST Pipe, Powercore Silencer, Twin Air Filter, lots of port work, carb mods and milled head( 2 thousandths).

So my question is what is the best fuel that i can get at a pump around orange? and how high of octane should i be running?

thanks for the help

in cali you probably can only get 91 but if you do a search you might find 100 thats what i run in my 125 and 250s and love it, or you can get some vp 112 and mix it with 91

ya my buddy told me i should buy the VP c12. is that good for 2 strokes or just 4 strokes?

C12 is great in 2 strokes.

i would not run straight c12, i would blend it with 91 50/50 because c12 is vary expensive to run by it self.

o ok. with that still be enough octane for the amount of compression i have?

VP C12 is very high octane race fuel and probably more than enough for your milled head, ignition advance, etc. It's close to $10/gallon and there's little reason to use it if your bike won't detonate on a lower octane fuel like VP 110 or VP StreetBlaze 100 or VP StreetBlaze 93 or even pump 91.

i run c12 mixed with 91 pump gas 1:1, and run a 32:1 oil mixture of 927 on my yz125

luckily i have a VP station right next to my office, so getting the c12 is easy for me.

Here in new zealand we have BP 98 octane unleaded and my two strokers go harbs on it!!beautiful stuff!!

93 is what I use. No way I am going to pay for VP or Torco when my bike is way faster then my skill level.

its not about making the bike faster, just trying to avoid deto as much as "reasonably" possible. a couple gallons of c12 is just peace-of-mind insurance for me, thats all.