09 stock 1.8 gal tank, whats with the small tanks?.

just got an 09 for cheap. it was kinda of a give away.:busted: but anyways, what is with the 1.8 gal tank. it sucks for me or anyother guy who rides far.:moon: but now im looking at a I.M.S or CLARKE tank. i have looked and i just want to check what the biggest sized tank is without having the shroud part of the tank. i want to have the plastic shrouds still on there. i need the best bang for the buck.?

thanks, mike

just got an 09 for cheap. it was kinda of a give away.:busted: but anyways, what is with the 1.8 gal tank. it sucks for me or anyother guy who rides far.:moon: but now im looking at a I.M.S or CLARKE tank. i have looked and i just want to check what the biggest sized tank is without having the shroud part of the tank. i want to have the plastic shrouds still on there. i need the best bang for the buck.?

thanks, mike

I wonder if the stock tanks from other year bikes fit on there?

My 06 is 2.5 right to the top with the white plastic baffle thingy pulled out.

The new tanks are EPA. Plastic has to contain all vapors so they made it thicker. The fuel injected bikes are even worse, the pump takes up room, and the pump needs some kind of molded well so it stays primed taking more room up.