Original forks oil filling

Hi all together.

who had ever noticed that the original forks filling which is from gel-like composition has an influence on the suspension. I feel that mostly the rebound damping is never the same after replacing this first oil against the claimed quality (in my yzf250 - KYB 01) specified in the maintenance manual.

I searched for hours but nobody is ever talking about. Nobody is selling this stuff.

Is there anybody with a serious idea to this matter.

cheers

jk

i thought it was kyb 01?

Hi mog

i thought that too, untill i do not drain the oil directly into the waste cannister but on a flat bottomed bin. This oil builds up a hill !!! after seconds it stats to distrubute itselve on the surface and became more liquid characteristic. The KYB01 is absolutly stabdard oil without this strange behaviour. If there is KYB01 in the forks of a new bike, then it is oviously mixed with an additive, but this is the "secret" i try to find out.

I heard only by rumors that the first oil is a kind of breaking in oil, but it seems strange that the forks run at best with this oil.

A little disappointing what poor reaction coming from this forum.

However, good luck for new year

jk

i guess people dont "know" whats in the forks from new, i assumed and it sounds like its different stuff, also new forks are coming with different oils in the 2 chambers, i wonder what the manual says to use? same in both?

...If there is KYB01 in the forks of a new bike, then it is oviously mixed with an additive, but this is the "secret" i try to find out...
In my opinion, the stock oil gets contaminated, well if you can call it that way, by the glops here and there and humongous quantity of assembly lube/grease there is when the fork is new. If you dismantle a 0 hour fork you will see what I mean.