Sign in to follow this  

oil/water emulsion from head breather. OK?

Hi guys,

I have an 08 YZ250F, this is the first new bike/four stroke I've had. I noticed yesterday whilst out riding I had some small drips (2-3) of white oil/water emulsion come from the head breather tube. I have to say that it was probably just above freezing while I was riding and that I had washed the bike the previous day (moisture in breather tube?).

I'm pretty sure that this is ok, I was just after some reasurrance, the bike is stock apart from merge racing fuel screw and has approx 15 hrs on the meter.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.:busted:

Happens after every moto with my sons bike. It always looks a bit milky (kinda whitish). This is completly normal. Every YZ250F we have owned (2. 06's 1. 07 and 1. 08) does this from brand new to 100+hrs. We race our bikes bone stock outdoor motocross and indoor arenacross. :busted:

Mine does this too. Never really noticed till it got cold out. Freaked me out the first time. Check your coolant level, and condition of oil. As long as there ok, you should be fine.

Happens after every moto with my sons bike. It always looks a bit milky (kinda whitish). This is completly normal. Every YZ250F we have owned (2. 06's 1. 07 and 1. 08) does this from brand new to 100+hrs. We race our bikes bone stock outdoor motocross and indoor arenacross. :busted:

I have owned 8 WR/YZs, which we race in ALL conditions and all tempuratures, Moto, Arenacross, Enduro and Cross Country, and while we are SLOW,(haha),

I have NEvER seen a watery/milky solution (aka milkshake) out of the CRANKCASE VENT TUBE (aka Road Draft tube), and I would be freaking out too if I saw it on a regular basis.

Although I can see one getting water up into the Tube while washing, I personally have never noticed when runnign the bike.

We ride our bikes over 5 hours each weekend. Actual riding time.

Thanks for your answers guys, I will be changing the oil this weekend anyway and will check condition, I just thought as the ambient temperature over here is pretty low, I just thought that hot oil vapour pulsing in the tube combined with the low outside temp and cold air sucking back up the tube could cause it combined with possible water in the breather washing the bike?

The bike runs perfectly, I just got I little worried when I saw it. I have to say it was a very small amount, but I just wanted to ask your opinions. Hopefully its nothing, but you'll be the first to know should the s**t hit the fan.:busted:

Thanks again.

Simon.

the only time that happened to me was when I accidentally jumped into a dam on my 2 week old wrf

got about 3 litres of fresh water out the sump plug:thumbsup:

I have owned 8 WR/YZs, which we race in ALL conditions and all tempuratures, Moto, Arenacross, Enduro and Cross Country, and while we are SLOW,(haha),

I have NEvER seen a watery/milky solution (aka milkshake) out of the CRANKCASE VENT TUBE (aka Road Draft tube), and I would be freaking out too if I saw it on a regular basis.

Although I can see one getting water up into the Tube while washing, I personally have never noticed when runnign the bike.

We ride our bikes over 5 hours each weekend. Actual riding time.

Its not actually water. The oil coming out of the tube is just a little frothy. It may depend on what oil you use in your bike as well. I use Dumond tech YAP 400. I am just saying it is normal on our bikes. My son races intermediate/b class so the engine gets a pretty good work out.