Sign in to follow this  

Any news on Flying High MX track in Dade City?

I heard that they were done for good. Thanks to the owners of Dade city mx.

Really? that sucks. I wanted to go to that track because it looked gnarly, i just never went. Now it looks like i'll never be going. :busted:

I heard that they were done for good. Thanks to the owners of Dade city mx.

Someone needs to take some initiative and find out if this is true or not. If Randy Yoho helped this place get shut down, there needs to be an all out boycott of Dade City MX. Competition is great for us, the consumers.

I can't imagine, but yah anything is possible. Flying High was starting to pull almost 150 riders a weekend within the first 4 MONTHS of being open. That my friends is a S ton of riders for a Saturday and Sunday in that short of time. I don't see how Randy had anything to do with it, being that his whole program is 180 degrees different with race series and practice night. I can't imagine he lost business to Flying High's super 8 series? On the other hand, maybe it was just too close for comfort? I rode that place every chance, they sure as hell got my money and deserved every cent. I could also see my money being put to good use with new clay sections almost every week. Central Florida had a really good streak with tracks not too long ago. Between flying high and quick track, sprinkle in a little bartow and new sunshine (when they maintained the track decently) when you got bored of those other two, and Hardrock within an hour for something different. It was really a good time. Too bad it's over.

I drove by there the other day, it's all grass with cows.

btc20mx when you drove by had everything been flattend or were all the jumps still there and just grown over. that place was one of my favotite places to ride and i hate to see it go.

There are very few people who I will talk bad about-Randy Yoho is one of them. He is a bonified ********* from day 1! He is a PR$CK of the worst type. I will help anyone bring him down-just let me know how I might help.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that he was responsible for closing them-he is well-connected in Dade City too (which really isn't saying much).

What I read on TBO was that a lot of campers from the park nearby were complaining about the noise, and Flyin high had a race on the same day the park was having a pow wow or somethin. Its all bull shit to me, I just feel bad cause the Woods (owners) sold their restaurant that was doin good and their stocks just to get that place goin. They pretty much did it all for their kids to ride and to turn profit I'm sure. I heard Yoho paid off someone on the board to vote against them. They did everything the county required like put in a fu*kin huge concrete slab for handycap parking that cost them like $8K. Come on what kind of shit is that, no offense to the handicap, but come on now everyone knows thats b/s. They also planted trees thats surrounded the property to cut the noise down. It was definately an awesome place to ride.

There are very few people who I will talk bad about-Randy Yoho is one of them. He is a bonified ********* from day 1! He is a PR$CK of the worst type. I will help anyone bring him down-just let me know how I might help.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least that he was responsible for closing them-he is well-connected in Dade City too (which really isn't saying much).

Raced there ONE time, had to ask Randy about something and he was an abrasive peckerwood. Swore I'd never go back, and haven't been back. That was the summer of 2005.

Too bad, I heard really good things about Flyin' High, never got to ride there.

The jumps are still there, just grassy. There was a cow standing on the front table, it was pretty funny.

Raced there ONE time, had to ask Randy about something and he was an abrasive peckerwood. Swore I'd never go back, and haven't been back. That was the summer of 2005.

Too bad, I heard really good things about Flyin' High, never got to ride there.

I've been there one time as well. My dad raced his CR500 there and while riding back to the truck in 1st gear slow enough for the 500 to almost stall, Randy jumped out and started screaming at him to "Slow the F down, or go the F home"

He couldn't slow down, so we chose to go home.

Another group here that will never return to Dade City and listen to Hoho's BS. Trying to get the word to everyone even folks coming from up north.

Flying Highs neighbors had a schedule of events(Indian games), those dates where to be no riding days. They didn't have a practice but riding was happening. Complaint filed and encouraged by others.

To much politics and not enough common sense.

Hoho sucked as rider and like wise as a promoter. His only saving grace is that he has the only track in the area

The Quick Track owners do have property and are going thru the motions to get started again.

I just can't tell you how many people have told me he's a cork soaker.

Finally, when a guy I grew up with who raced professionally told me Hoho was a crappy instructor, I concluded he was not only an O$$hole but a loser as well.

The only reason I went there anyway was to get some training for my son. I will NEVER go back even if it ends up being the ONLY place to ride. I'd rather ride in my small yard than be abused by a PR!CK like Randy.

The Quick Track owners do have property and are going thru the motions to get started again.

Thats news to me,last I heard was they could not get anything going.Keep us posted with anynews.

Does anyone here know the definitions of the terms LIBEL and/or SLANDER? See accusing someone, without proof or evidence and attempting to smear them and ruin their reputation, well, that's pretty much the definition.

BTW, it is actionable, that means, he can sue you and recover the damages, like monetarily!

My son races at Dade City MX and I have found Randy to be a genuine, honest, no nonsense person. People that run afoul of him, in my experience, I can't say the same about. Go to the track on a Saturday night and the turn-out is a testament to what he is doing!

Does anyone here know the definitions of the terms LIBEL and/or SLANDER? See accusing someone, without proof or evidence and attempting to smear them and ruin their reputation, well, that's pretty much the definition.

BTW, it is actionable, that means, he can sue you and recover the damages, like monetarily!

My son races at Dade City MX and I have found Randy to be a genuine, honest, no nonsense person. People that run afoul of him, in my experience, I can't say the same about. Go to the track on a Saturday night and the turn-out is a testament to what he is doing!

Seems to me those posts are opinion based. Therefore your comment has no merit. Just like your opinion on Randy. It has no merit with anyone else on here.

In these times when tracks are already getting shut down in record numbers, for someone like him to get involved specifically to help shut down a track just because it is in the area or on "his turf" is unconscionable. What a friggin pansy.

Seems to me those posts are opinion based. Therefore your comment has no merit. Just like your opinion on Randy. It has no merit with anyone else on here.

In these times when tracks are already getting shut down in record numbers, for someone like him to get involved specifically to help shut down a track just because it is in the area or on "his turf" is unconscionable. What a friggin pansy.

Well said.

All that you bitchers have done is give opinions. No hard facts, not even soft facts. Randy and Dade City have NEVER been mentioned as causal in any of the coverage from either the SPTimes or Tampa Trib, only the Woods violations. Sounds like a bunch of losers crying in their beer and when they can't follow the rules, they sit around and complain.

Kind of like band wagon jumpers, when a team is doing good the banners and t-shirts are all out. When they start to lose, they're bums and away goes the memorabilia!

Seems like the sport is better off without 'ya anyway!