AWD Flying Pigs!! MUST SEE!

You may have to sit down for this one.. 2 wheel drive dirtbikes!! They sound so incredibly amazing!! :busted::moon: They are now making conversion kits for most bikes including Hondas. The best thing of all is that you wouldn't even know it was AWD unless the owner told you. The AWD front/rear ratio is adjustable AND you can switch it on and off from the handlebars! :mad::p The weight of the complete system is only about 10lbs!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2cASz3FwjE&feature=related

Christini has been making these kits for a few years now. They are supposed to be the ultimate in hare scrambles and nasty terrain like that. I believe that the entire system is hydraulic.

i never even know this kind o stuff existed that awsome!

That bike was tested in the oct. 07 Dirt Bike magazine.

Like the video says all gear driven at 70% of the rear wheel speed.

He started out building 2WD systems for mt. bikes. Now those are being sold under the jeep name.

Yamaha(?) tried a hydraulic system years ago but fluid overheating was a major problem.

There are two different two wheel drive systems out there. Before Christini, Ohlins came up with an AWD system called the 2-Trac. It was first used in the Dakar rally by David Frétigné on his factory WR450. With the 2-Trac system, David was able to compete quite successfully with the factory KTM & BMW 650+cc singles and big twins. The Ohlins setup is hydrostatically driven. The more familiar to Americans Christini is a mechanical system.

The 2-Trac system was actually sold on some production Yamaha WRs in select countries. The USA was not one of them. I do know that the bike was available in Austrailia directly from Yamaha dealerships right next to the "conventional" WR450.

As for the Christini stuff, Geoff Aaron (US trials god) has been riding/racing the Christini for some time now. He uses the bike for the Endurocross races and has used it successfully at the Red Bull Last Man Standing in KTM guise.

Nice link Bryan,I can see how far i'd get...first corner! That's nuts!

anybody else notice the thumpertalk sticker on the bike in the first video at 0:35?!

i can forsee 2 problems

#1 something is bound to break, and when it does not many people will know how to fix it

#2 if you want to change the gearing on the back, im not sure how that would work out...

anybody else notice the thumpertalk sticker on the bike in the first video at 0:35?!

Thumpertalk shows up a bit soonser then that.

Dirt Bike Mag has been doing a torture test to their system (Christini) and it's held up pretty well. They have a section in the mag once in a while to update what they have done on it and to it. They said it helps those that don't ride well and makes a pro better once he can control the way it changes the drive of the bike...:thumbsup

i can forsee 2 problems

#1 something is bound to break, and when it does not many people will know how to fix it

#2 if you want to change the gearing on the back, im not sure how that would work out...

If it was the Ohlins hydrostatic system, any farmer could fix it with duct tape, bailing wire, JB Weld, and some extra fluid.

I've seen quarter million dollar hydrostatically driven tractors and combines held together with less!

Christini has been making these kits for a few years now. They are supposed to be the ultimate in hare scrambles and nasty terrain like that. I believe that the entire system is hydraulic.

they are not hydro.....

Christini wasn't the first 2-wheel drive bike. Rokon has been making 2-wheel drive bikes for about 40yrs. It's not exactly the kind of bike you want to moto on, but it might work pretty good in the mud!

wonder how one of these would work with studded tires in the snow and ice?