Suggested Desert + WORCS Gearing for 2006 YZ250???

Just bought a 2006 YZ250. :busted:

Will run in desert mostly + some WORCS races.

Suggested gearing???

Any mods you highly recommend (e.g. V-FORCE reeds?)???

I like 15/50 for dez. 14/50 for non-singletrack and MX riding. 13/50 for single track/mountain riding.

I wouldn't worry about bolt-on motor mods. There's really nothing worth spending money on over stock. Spend money on suspension and comfort items (pegs, bars, etc....)

I like 15/50 for dez. 14/50 for non-singletrack and MX riding. 13/50 for single track/mountain riding.

I wouldn't worry about bolt-on motor mods. There's really nothing worth spending money on over stock. Spend money on suspension and comfort items (pegs, bars, etc....)

fastway f3 pegs, rekluse pro to me were the best bang for your buck products!

I appreciate the feedback guys!

FYI, to add to your knowledge base, I did some more research and found that Zip-Ty Racing runs 15/47 for desert-type racing and 15/50 or 14/50 for WORCS racing on YZ250 2-strokes.

Again, thanks!

+1 :busted:

desert sound like a good candidate for the wr 3-5 gear swap about 200 in part throught flatoutmotorcycles. but im not sure all we have out here is tight woods

stick with the stock gears for a while, ive got the 14/50 combo and think its great. I dont know about worcs racing, but for just ripping the desert it seems to be fine

14/48 in Desert lower elevation from tight to open stuff

13/48 Mountains higher elevation from tight to open stuff

I think I was 13/50 or 13/52, either way it workout out fine for mountain riding.