District 17 sandbagger advancement?

I was wondering if anyone knew if riders were going to be forced to advance this year? I was racing in the 30B class this year and I keep seeing guys coming in and running the pace of an A rider and don't understand why you wouldn't want to move up instead of just sandbagging. What point does it make, are they all just trying to get a bigger trophy? I don't think the factories will be calling them offering a ride. I also was watching a kid battling for first in the 14-24 class with a fast B rider and then going out and racing in the 250C class. The parents aren't doing him any favors having him dominate a class instead of learing how to race against racers of equal talent. The last post I read about this had a lot of discussion and I'm interested in hearing more from people.:busted:

I was wondering if anyone knew if riders were going to be forced to advance this year? I was racing in the 30B class this year and I keep seeing guys coming in and running the pace of an A rider and don't understand why you wouldn't want to move up instead of just sandbagging. What point does it make, are they all just trying to get a bigger trophy? I don't think the factories will be calling them offering a ride. I also was watching a kid battling for first in the 14-24 class with a fast B rider and then going out and racing in the 250C class. The parents aren't doing him any favors having him dominate a class instead of learing how to race against racers of equal talent. The last post I read about this had a lot of discussion and I'm interested in hearing more from people.:busted:

check the district site. The site for our district makes announcements like that.

example:

http://www.armca.org/points/arch-07/D23_CtoB.pdf

I can't stand Sandbaggers, most notably Career C Class Riders. :busted: I race C class now but could compete in B class. However, I quit smoking a year ago and my stamina is still a work in progress. So I may get the holeshot and be in the top 5 for the first lap, but I fall off pace from my breathing.

I plan on continuing in the C class for 09 more for excersize and experience. After next season I can't wait to race B.

I think my district is trying to come down on Sandbaggers too. One of my races they booted the 1st place rider so everyone moved up a place in the results.

Probably contingency $. If they jump up to the level they are supposed to be at, they may not win, thus not get contingency $.

Personally, I only race a couple times a year, so I usually hit the 30+ B class.

contingencie money...it should be done away with there is no reason for it ...i know of all kinds of crooked ness that is caused by contingency.at the promotor level even. I say the factories should offer on site support and straight sponsorships only...take the money and lower the cost of the bikes.

You're talking D17 here, remember that. If the so-called "Sandbaggers" are one of the "good ol boys" with the Director, they will be able to continue sandbagging. If you complain, you'll be the bad guy, not them.

Maybe they are trying to go to Loretta's and want to stay down a class?

Maybe they are trying to go to Loretta's and want to stay down a class?

Exactly. Quit your crying. There is always a really fast C rider who should be a B rider, or a really fast B rider who should ride A, etc etc. The RPV values the AMA uses is a joke, but it's what we have. Loretta's is the most common excuse, contingency money is a joke for C class, but B class and vet stuff I could see. Anyway.....it happens all the time.

I heard that you have only one year to race c class in the ama now

You're talking D17 here, remember that. If the so-called "Sandbaggers" are one of the "good ol boys" with the Director, they will be able to continue sandbagging. If you complain, you'll be the bad guy, not them.

Are you talking MX?? then you must be pointing fingers at Wardy I take it....

I think you'll get a response from him

You are full of it. Name one guy that is "friends" with the director that didn't get moved up if they had the points. That same director is the one that got the AMA to change their structure this year to end it.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Exactly. Quit your crying. There is always a really fast C rider who should be a B rider, or a really fast B rider who should ride A, etc etc. The RPV values the AMA uses is a joke, but it's what we have. Loretta's is the most common excuse, contingency money is a joke for C class, but B class and vet stuff I could see. Anyway.....it happens all the time.

so that makes it right??

Those are awefully big words that aren`t gonna make any friends Mike38. The fact is in MX the AMA, not D17 handles advancement. In Hare Scrambles its a point average.

Heres a sample for you guys. 3 years ago I started racing HS in C class. The next year I CHOSE to move myself to 30B and chased points and finished 2nd in the district. Should I have moved to A? I didn`t have the average to be bumped so I was allowed to stay for last year. This year I chased points again and won the district and have the average to be forced up to A. I will gladly ride A next year. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose and because of that there will always be finger pointing and hard feelings. I have done everything per the AMA and D17 and was able to win this year. Was I sandbagging? No I was where I belonged.

I swore I would NEVER post on this website again, due to a pissing match with the Mods here, but this was brought to my attention and I felt compelled to reply.

Why anybody would call out the Director wether it is MX or HS on a public forum and wrongly accuse them of running the district by the "good old boy" system is simply retarded. If you want to win, park the DRZ and step up your program, instead of whining about who is.

I'm not calling out any officials or anything, I would just like to see people be in the class that they should be in. If I improve and am always up front I would be happy to move up.

Wow, the neverending subject....I got over it, you can too....if ya can't...there's medication. Sorry, but grass is green, sky is blue...some things are the way they are becuz they really won't work any other way. If there was a good solution, it would already be in place.

:busted:

There may be guys that only make a few races a year that are extremely fast. That may have raced upper classes earlier in there career. They would obviously have to race in the upper class because of their skill level but. As the Rules dictate the lowest class they could come back to is "B" so if they are in "C" Class they are sandbagging and should voluntarily move up.

I used to practice with an x-Pro in his 30's and he always Raced the "C" class the guys was stinky fast. He only raced 4-5 times a season. When I first started racing, he would lap me easy in a 4-5 lap local race. But not now :busted:

He should have been racing Open/Pro or some other class.

Other organizations I've raced in. If the Race directer saw you pull up forfeit the win to keep from moving up. You were credited with the win and were docked the points for the win for your district total.

This is a pretty stupid statement. If anything, the D17 director is usually getting yelled at for advancing people that don't want to be.

This is a pretty stupid statement. If anything, the D17 director is usually getting yelled at for advancing people that don't want to be.

I know I was pretty upset at the thought of being moved up to the D class. :busted:

so that makes it right??

Nope, but it is what it is. The RPV value is 15...which is waaaay too high, but what do we do about it? Shoot, I doubt that the AMA even moves anybody from B to A this year (like they didn't last year)

It looks like some of you guys have the same complaints I hear over here in district 27. The thing that some people dont realize is some kid might be fast in one area of the district but not other area's. I've watched numerous times a kid get protested because he is too fast for the class he is in according to other parents (who's kids arent winning) at the track but he will go to another area in the district and maybe be top 10-15. I have had to deal with kids being super fast in classes my son has raced in the past and I just tell him to suck it up and try to keep pace with them. We had to quite going to one of our favorite tracks because they were trying to force my son to move up to pro when he wasnt anywhere near ready for that. My rule of thumb for my son is we pick one of the most competitive outdoor series of the year and the most competitive arenacross series in the area. If he finnishes top 5 he moves up to the next class after that series. I dont have a problem with a kid dominating a class for a series or two. It helps them with confidence for when they do move up to the next class. I know I have pissed off a couple of parents here when they say "man that kid is fast why is he sandbagging in this class he needs to move up" (its usually about some kid they have never seen race before that just shows up at their local track). My reply is usually (and true at that no insult to them intended just reality) "well these kids at this track arent really as fast in this class as they are at most other tracks". All this being said I have also been watching a local racer in the top 5 for the last 3 years in the junior/C class. Sad thing is he's like 26 or 27 years old. I cant speak for the vet class thats a whole different thing. I dont think anyone in the vet class is trying to win a factory sponsorship at Lorretta lynns. :busted: