07 Crf450x

Hi everyone we are currently looking for a bike for my dad and an 07 has popped up for a good price. I was wondering if there are any known problems are issues with the 07' models?

thanks

No known problems for 06 and above, in 05 (& below??) they had transmission lubrication issues, but they are resolved with a full quart.

ok thanks do you think $4600 is good for an 07 with full yoshimura system and scotts steering damper and the bike is clean and had a rebuild recently?

ok thanks do you think $4600 is good for an 07 with full yoshimura system and scotts steering damper and the bike is clean and had a rebuild recently?

..i think i'd find out just why an '07 required a rebuild so soon..

y? hey your from zim im an sa boy

y?
..an early rebuild could indicate abuse, improper maintenance, or neglect... and may indicate further undiscovered damage.. just my $0.02

well the shop where it is for service has had mantained it from new and they are very very very reputable and here in dubai people rebuild, change and modify bikes like no there is no tomorow for no apparent reason so that doesnt seem out of the ordinary for this part of the world

but will ask

I agree, never seen an 07 w/ a new top end??

I think there are many may 07/08 and maybe 09 450X's with new top ends. At 80-100 hours (or less) it's time for a new piston IMHO.

I think there are many may 07/08 and maybe 09 450X's with new top ends. At 80-100 hours (or less) it's time for a new piston IMHO.

+1 :busted: If racing you may need to replace it every 50 hours. I replace mine at the 50hr mark so there will be no problems. So, it’s not necessarily abuse it could be someone just taking really good care of their bike :moon:.

+1 :busted: If racing you may need to replace it every 50 hours. I replace mine at the 50hr mark so there will be no problems. So, it’s not necessarily abuse it could be someone just taking really good care of their bike :mad:.

Yeah....but you're twice as fast as I am so I can keep a piston in twice as long:ride: :p:moon:

..i think i'd find out just why an '07 required a rebuild so soon..

Would not hurt to ask why it was rebuilt and if the answer is because it was due because of X amount of hours then that would be the right answer and a non-issue.

I have an 07. Once the jetting, airbox and exhaust done it is a great machine. I have had zero issues with it at 80 engine hours. I just sent the head in to AS racing for the "SS treatment and a port/polish job. Piston/rings and cam chain are being replaced also. I ride the bike pretty hard so thats why i am doing the piston. My valves have not zeroed and are still in spec. I figured i might as well do the valves just because the head is off. Can't wait to get it back.:busted:

I have an 07. Once the jetting, airbox and exhaust done it is a great machine. I have had zero issues with it at 80 engine hours. I just sent the head in to AS racing for the "SS treatment and a port/polish job. Piston/rings and cam chain are being replaced also. I ride the bike pretty hard so thats why i am doing the piston. My valves have not zeroed and are still in spec. I figured i might as well do the valves just because the head is off. Can't wait to get it back.:busted:

Good decision to get it all done right while apart. You've got it dialed in perfectly and it runs strong:thumbsup: