Chain size question

I need to buy a new chain and im trying to figure out what size to get. This is the one Im looking at and u can see the difference is price. What Im wondering is would the less expensive one fit just as well as the more expensive one. I have a yz250f and am going to get a 49 tooth rear and 13 tooth front sprocket

Thanks for the help

I need to buy a new chain and im trying to figure out what size to get. This is the one Im looking at and u can see the difference is price. What Im wondering is would the less expensive one fit just as well as the more expensive one. I have a yz250f and am going to get a 49 tooth rear and 13 tooth front sprocket

Thanks for the help

what year is your bike...? mine takes 112 links ....chains usually come a little longer than needed..:busted:

ive ran 13/50t so 13/49t is no problem i got the r1 renthal chain!

its an 06

i just bought a 520 120 chain and im running 13 49. i was running a 13 50 and it seemed low/ slow. still plenty of torque tho. but i wouldnt mind trying a 14 counter shaft sprocket

DC Dan I run a 14/52 with 116 link chain on my 08 YZ250F. I am very happy with the set up it gives me a 5/8" longer wheelbase, longer chain and sprocket life. I use the bike only for enduros and trail riding, no MX. The longer wheelbase makes the bike more stable and a little plusher in the rear, and is still flickable in our tight NJ trails

Thanks for the help

A 112 links chain (including the master link) will work fine with the 13/49 combo. I have an 06 YZ250F and 112 links will work with the 13/50 combo too. If you're changing the chain, then you may as well change both sprockets too - they'll wear better if all 3 are changed at the same time.

Some of the cheaper chains are wider since they use a weaker metal alloy, hence they need to use thicker metal to keep up with the tensile strength, this makes them rub the chain guard more as they rotate through. I would spend the extra $$ to get the better chain. I like DID :busted:

Renthal R1 chain or DID don't go cheap on this spend the money and get something that will last and take abuse. I run 13/50 and kinda prefer my old set up of 13/49 it just depends on your style of riding. Mine is a 2003 and with the 13/50 combo it use 114 links.

Please let me continue ...

Is there a formula, chart, or graph to determine the size chain with different sprocket combination sizes? I searched but can only find the "I ride with ..." comments.

For example, I'm hunting for a ratio around 4.15ish. By doing the math, I could go 54 rear/13 front (4.15), 46 rear/11 front (4.18), or 50 rear/12 front (4.17). The idea of a longer wheel base sounds intriguing too so I would think the longer the chain, the better (but more expensive).

I ride desert trail racing. Currently have stock chain, stock front, after market rear with a 51. Bike is a YZ 250F, '06. Leaning towards DID chain, with a 50/12 combination, but I'm very open to advice about combinations. I've only been riding for a year.

Thanks in advance.