Sign in to follow this  

cheap buddy bike

hey i recently purchased a 00 yz125 after not having a bike for a couple years. now my problem is none of my friends have bikes. i am looking to buy a cheap reliable bike so i dont have to ride alone. any one have any suggestions as to what to buy for a beater/backup bike for my friends to ride.

a bike might be cheap when you buy it but it will have the low price tag for a reason :busted:

on a side note, ive been seeing 06 yz125's in my area (San Diego) for only $2500 and the price falls exponentially for older models.

yeah im not picky on the cc's of the bike. i was just thinking somethin older and fairly reliable in the 500 dollar range.

In that case i would go for an 80/85, they are cheap, really reliable, and A LOT of fun. :busted:

maybe i should just find some riding buddys from the philly area on here and save some money lol.

yeah im not picky on the cc's of the bike. i was just thinking somethin older and fairly reliable in the 500 dollar range.

$500? And reliable? Not going to happen. It seems to me any decent bike is $1K or more.

You can find deals for $500, or $800, but usually those have a list of small problems that add up to a decent outlay of cash. Tires, sprockets, clutch plates, top end, bearings, etc. All a sudden that $500 deal just cost $1400 total.