Sign in to follow this  

Best Oil and Best filter For 08 Crf250r

I run Mobil 1 synthetic in my bike. Make sure you get the motorcycle specific one. For oil filters I use K&N, and either Twin-Air or No-Toil air filters.

Honda oils and OEM filters. Thier gear box oil i the tall red bottle and GN4 for the crankcase.

Three days ago I would have agreed with this completely. I did some reading over the weekend on oils and learned a lot about oil. Buy synthetic, buy good synthetic, and buy a good reusable oil filter. I ran GN4 and always believed in clean oil was better than expensive oil. I WAS WRONG!!!

I don't have the expertise to explain all the reasons why, but in a nutshell. Synthetic oil disappates heat, lubricates and cleans better. It lasts longer because of it. I won't argue this with anyone, this is just my newly educated opinion. Just read all you can read on oil and how it is rated. There are alot of studies out there, go read for yourself. I won't go change my vehicles over because they are old with alot of mileage and won't benefit enough from running synthetic, but both my bikes have new engines and I am going to take care of them.