Indian Canyon Ride

Hello All just wanted to post some pictures of my most recent ride at Indian Canyon in Canyon Country off of Soledad Canyon. The closer we got up to the pine trees the more snow we hit. I ended up having to turn around as I was slipping and sliding everywhere. My father in law QUAD had no problems going up the road. This was my first time there and it was a nice little spot to ride that is local to me. There were several other riders there also.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

The scenary is nice. Dont look like fun on the bike though.

Nope wasnt much fun around the snow. I actually lost control as I was going up and my bike fell. It was really nice thought but would be nice if I had a 4x4 quad like my father in law.

Yeah it's just an old fire road, but it's close and has some nice scenery. There's also a cool, old campground about 11 or 12 miles in.

Looks like you chose the exact same spot as me for the last picture in your post :busted:

Indian10.jpg

Yeah it's just an old fire road, but it's close and has some nice scenery. There's also a cool, old campground about 11 or 12 miles in.

Looks like you chose the exact same spot as me for the last picture in your post :busted:

Indian10.jpg

Yes looks like we have a eye for beauty. Another one of my hobbies is Photography but the pictures I posted were taken with my Apple Iphone 3g which doesnt take the greatest pictures. I would love to bring my Canon 20d but would be too afraid that I would drop it or something.

• Like 1

I'm the guys you chatted with at the staging area on the YZ250. Great pics. Def not fun on a bike.

Hey hows it going? What a small world. So did you buddy fix the fender on his YZ? Have you went back to see if all the snow has melted. I'm leaving tonight to Fremont Peak to go camping and doing some riding.

I did a 100 mile dual sport loop through that whole area this past weekend and 98% of the ice is gone. The bracket on subframe that holds the fender needs to be rewelded. He says he likes the look and might keep it that way, but I just think he's too cheap to pay for a weld.

I did a 100 mile dual sport loop through that whole area this past weekend and 98% of the ice is gone. The bracket on subframe that holds the fender needs to be rewelded. He says he likes the look and might keep it that way, but I just think he's too cheap to pay for a weld.

Thanks for the update. Last time I went up there I was slipping and sliding from all the snow on the floor. Did you happen to take any pictures?

So is this area just fireroad? Or are there alternate (challenging) trails like Baldy Mesa and Cleghorn?

Yes only fireroads. Anything more challenging is an illegal trail. I ride paranoid when I go up there. There are plenty of yohoos in pickups going too fast. You don't want to become a hood ornament.

I didn't get any pictures but the people I went with got a ton. Check out http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318376&page=275

It's all fire roads and very easy. There are a few alternate routes but nothing challenging. The group is very easy going and have a great attitude. If you're looking for a leisurely ride around the mountains, this is a good group to join. Plate bikes a must

I didn't get any pictures but the people I went with got a ton. Check out http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318376&page=275

It's all fire roads and very easy. There are a few alternate routes but nothing challenging. The group is very easy going and have a great attitude. If you're looking for a leisurely ride around the mountains, this is a good group to join. Plate bikes a must

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe their bikes weren't plated. Do they let you show up at the staging area and unload a quad and a ttr that are ohv's? I have a plated bike I was just askin', or do you mean to ride with the adv rider guys you need a plate?