Sign in to follow this  

Side panels for 1984 XR 100

Hi gentlemen. I have been researching this excellent site for some time and have not found an answer for my question yet.

I am 'restoring' a 1984 XR 100, and I have all the parts except for the side panels which I have been unable to locate at eBay or the bone yards.

What are my options? Would XR 75 0r 80 panels fit? What year range? What other XR 100 years would be interchangeable, if any?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

Im also searching for a lefthand plastic cover or a set. They are very hard to find. I dont know of any reproduction companies making them . Good Luck.

Side panels for 1983-1984 XR100's, 1983-1984 XR80's, 1983-1985 XL80S's, and 1983-1985 XL100S's side covers will work. The only difference between the XR vs. the XL is the color is slightly different. The XR is more of an orange color while the XL is more red. BTW, where in Washington are you? I am in Spokane. I don't see too many Washingtonians on this forum.

Thank you, that is the information I was looking for. Any leads on where to find them?

I'm in the Tri-Cites. Sunny and about 50 right now; snow's all gone. How are you amking out up there?

Bill

Hi gentlemen. I have been researching this excellent site for some time and have not found an answer for my question yet.

I am 'restoring' a 1984 XR 100, and I have all the parts except for the side panels which I have been unable to locate at eBay or the bone yards.

What are my options? Would XR 75 0r 80 panels fit? What year range? What other XR 100 years would be interchangeable, if any?

Thank you in advance!

Bill

All of the XR75/80/100 side panles will fit ~1978 - 84 but the color and shape might be different but they will fit the frames. Maier sells a side panel kit for these bikes. I have them on a 1983 XL100.

I have a 82 xr80 and the side panels did not fit my 85 xl100s. I may have to take a closer look but I think I tried every which way already. ATC110 said it best.

Thank you, that is the information I was looking for. Any leads on where to find them?

I'm in the Tri-Cites. Sunny and about 50 right now; snow's all gone. How are you amking out up there?

Bill

The only places I can think of where to find them are eBay or Craigslist. Also, check Irondogs (http://www.dirtbikeswapmeet.com/swapmeet.php) every so often as something might pop up on there. If you check craigslist, search for people parting out the bikes I listed above and you might be able to get them to ship to you. Be careful as there is a lot of scammers out there. Here is a helpful tool: http://www.crazedlist.org/index.cgi, it allows you to seach craigslist all over the United States and the world.

We just got about 3 1/2 feet of snow up here so everything is a mess.

Do you think either of these will fit? The color is not critical, as long as they fit:

M20500 FITS MODEL: XR80R 79-82, COLOR: Red $54.95

M20501-12 FITS MODEL: XR80/100R 88-00, COLOR: Red $60.95

The second one will not fit as it is for a newer model and completely different. The first one, I do not think it will fit as mentioned above.