Sign in to follow this  

xr 400 frame number

hi guys,

having to get rid of my xr400.

i`m selling on ebay as an off road only bike and everybody asks me if the bike has frame number and engine number,the bike is a 2001 model can anybody tell me where i can find the numbers for both engine and frame,there is a bashplate installed,is it under there,the bike is in my shed with not a lot of room to get at it so if somebody could be so kind to point me where to look.

chhers in advance

Hi Peter, the frame number is on the right handside of the headstock and the engine number is just behind the gear selector on the case.

hi,

found numbers,but the enginr number only seems to be 3 letters and 1 number is this correct,cannot see any type of grinding so i presume it is.?

I'm not sure, I can't check as my bike is not home currently, will know in a few days.

hi guys ,

sold bike on ebay but the buyer is now insisting in the frame number,i can heardly read it as the previous owner has touched the frame up a bit with paint,theres definatly a long row of stamped inward numbers there,is anybody else`s hard to read or are they all hard ,theres about 20 numbers there in total

hi,

found numbers,but the enginr number only seems to be 3 letters and 1 number is this correct,cannot see any type of grinding so i presume it is.?

The engine number on mine is longer than that, I think you only have the top row, there is a second row of numbers too.

hi guys ,

sold bike on ebay but the buyer is now insisting in the frame number,i can heardly read it as the previous owner has touched the frame up a bit with paint,theres definatly a long row of stamped inward numbers there,is anybody else`s hard to read or are they all hard ,theres about 20 numbers there in total

Mine is easy to read, it looks a bit suspect if its been painted though give it a rub with some sand paper/emery cloth then it should stand out its not easy to read with the cable and bits running by it.